surround sound

Post by Kyle » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 02:00:04

I have a tv and it needs an rf adaptor to hook up my
xbox.  I bought that but I also have a radio with 5.1
dolby pro logic surround sound.  I really want to hook
that up so that i can play and watch movies in surround
sound.  Is this even possible with my setup?  What do I
need to buy?

surround sound

Post by Barn » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 03:50:08

>I have a tv and it needs an rf adaptor to hook up my
>xbox.  I bought that but I also have a radio with 5.1
>dolby pro logic surround sound.  I really want to hook
>that up so that i can play and watch movies in surround
>sound.  Is this even possible with my setup?  What do I
>need to buy?

Not only will you be able to get the 5.1 audio from your DVD movies, you will
also get the 5.1 audio from your Xbox games too!  Yes, it is possible with
your setup!

First my friend, you will need to buy the Xbox Advanced AV Pack.  Then you
need to buy an RF CONVERTER (about $30 at Radio Shack or other places).

Then In about this order, you will need to hook up the Xbox Advanced AV Pack
to your Xbox, then you will need to connect the video out from the Advanced AV
Pack to the RF Converter.  You will then need to connect the Antenna output
from the RF Converter to the Antenna input to the back of your TV.  Then you
need to connect the Optical out from the Xbox Advanced AV Pack to the optical
in to the back of your "radio" (I think you mean your "receiver").

That's it!

Good luck!!!

Barney

surround sound

Post by Kyle » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 05:08:44

> [...]

Quote:>also get the 5.1 audio from your Xbox games too!  Yes, it
is possible with
>your setup!

>First my friend, you will need to buy the Xbox Advanced
AV Pack.  Then you
>need to buy an RF CONVERTER (about $30 at Radio Shack or
other places).

>Then In about this order, you will need to hook up the

Xbox Advanced AV Pack
Quote:>to your Xbox, then you will need to connect the video out

from the Advanced AV
Quote:>Pack to the RF Converter.  You will then need to connect
the Antenna output
>from the RF Converter to the Antenna input to the back of
your TV.  Then you
>need to connect the Optical out from the Xbox Advanced AV

Pack to the optical
Quote:>in to the back of your "radio" (I think you mean
your "receiver").

>That's it!

>Good luck!!!

>Barney

>.______________________________-

 Okay, i get the whole scenerio but all I have on
my "receiver" is something that says "CD Digital Output
(Optical)".  Is that what you are talking about?  Do I
need to buy an optical cable for that?

surround sound

Post by Philip Smit » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 06:12:28

Quote:> Then you need to connect the Optical out from
> the Xbox Advanced AV Pack to the optical in to the back of your
> "radio" (I think you mean your "receiver").

And note that this optical out needs a toslink cable that is NOT supplied
with the Advanced AV Pack -- it's another purchase to add to the cost.

surround sound

Post by Barn » Thu, 24 Apr 2003 06:48:14

> Okay, i get the whole scenerio but all I have on
>my "receiver" is something that says "CD Digital Output
>(Optical)".  Is that what you are talking about?  Do I
>need to buy an optical cable for that?

Kyle,

Path

ences

Your CD Digital Output is useful for connecting to other digital electronics
such as a high quality Digital to Analogue converter or some kind of digital
recorder such as MD, DAT, CD-R/RW etc.

If you can find some sort of digital input from your receiver, optical or
otherwise, please let us know.

Barney

surround sound

Post by kyle » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 05:32:45

> [...]

Quote:>such as a high quality Digital to Analogue converter or

some kind of digital
Quote:>recorder such as MD, DAT, CD-R/RW etc.

>If you can find some sort of digital input from your

receiver, optical or
Quote:>otherwise, please let us know.

>Barney

 there is no other sign of input that is digital.  i dont
think that i will be able to do it then.  is there a way
to do it some other way than the way that you told me?

Quote:>.

surround sound

Post by George Luca » Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:26:25

I want a radio that does 5.1!

Quote:> I have a tv and it needs an rf adaptor to hook up my