microsoft is missing the most important thing in games

Post by stev » Tue, 08 Jan 2002 12:45:17

microsoft is missing the most important thing in games
FUN FACTOR
FUN FACTOR
i like xbox n shit but most games are good graphics good
sound and all that but the FUN FACTOR blows it just gets
boring fast like project gothan racing and *wake
man companies need to remeber THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN
A GAME IS FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN
FFFFFFAAAAAACCCCCTTTTOOOOOORRRR
how fun the game is to play and how enjoyable it is.
graphics and everything dont mean* if it doesnt have
good fun factor the most important key in ever game.!!

microsoft is missing the most important thing in games

Post by Mulde » Tue, 08 Jan 2002 13:01:09

What about FUN FACTOR - how do you feel about that?

Quote:> microsoft is missing the most important thing in games
> FUN FACTOR
> FUN FACTOR
> i like xbox n shit but most games are good graphics good
> sound and all that but the FUN FACTOR blows it just gets
> boring fast like project gothan racing and *wake
> man companies need to remeber THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN
> A GAME IS FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN
> FFFFFFAAAAAACCCCCTTTTOOOOOORRRR
> how fun the game is to play and how enjoyable it is.
> graphics and everything dont mean* if it doesnt have
> good fun factor the most important key in ever game.!!

microsoft is missing the most important thing in games

Post by funkmaztafo » Tue, 08 Jan 2002 12:59:41

i hear ya

microsoft is missing the most important thing in games

Post by FaPo » Tue, 08 Jan 2002 13:18:33

FUNFACTOR you say, yes this is true, still companys such
as sony dont worry about critisizing graphics, and thats
how this whole thing has gotten out of hand, i remember
the good old days with gameing consoles such as Neo Geo,
playing games with pathetic graphics (compered to modern
systems) ie; Metal slug and yet still haveing more fun
then i have had on PS, PS2
but those days when games used to be a peice of art work
are gone and now the gameing systems have evolved,
and people still enjoy the games,
X-Box still has the funfactor, and it has only been
released, give microsoft a chance to develop what the
people want before you critisise them.
Or you can always go play a SNES

Funkmaster Fapo

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>microsoft is missing the most important thing in games
>FUN FACTOR
>FUN FACTOR
>i like xbox n shit but most games are good graphics good
>sound and all that but the FUN FACTOR blows it just gets
>boring fast like project gothan racing and *wake
>man companies need to remeber THE MOST IMPORTANT THING
IN
>A GAME IS FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN
>FFFFFFAAAAAACCCCCTTTTOOOOOORRRR
>how fun the game is to play and how enjoyable it is.
>graphics and everything dont mean* if it doesnt have
>good fun factor the most important key in ever game.!!
>.

microsoft is missing the most important thing in games

Post by odie » Wed, 09 Jan 2002 02:35:48

I agree funk, this war started long before microsoft was
even a name. Sony did to Nintendo What Microsoft plans to
do to Sony. Thats the way it is. This System will not only
become the refrence in the * industry, but will also
put new meaning to the words "Fun Factor" provided the Ati-
Bill Gates, hate me cause I'm rich, Idiots could see past
their personal bias (b.s) and see the system for what it
really is. Have you seen the new TV ads for Final
FantasyX? The ad I saw all day yesterday had nothing but
movies from the game in it and no actual game play. Wake
up people.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>FUNFACTOR you say, yes this is true, still companys such
>as sony dont worry about critisizing graphics, and thats
>how this whole thing has gotten out of hand, i remember
>the good old days with gameing consoles such as Neo Geo,
>playing games with pathetic graphics (compered to modern
>systems) ie; Metal slug and yet still haveing more fun
>then i have had on PS, PS2
>but those days when games used to be a peice of art work
>are gone and now the gameing systems have evolved,
>and people still enjoy the games,
>X-Box still has the funfactor, and it has only been
>released, give microsoft a chance to develop what the
>people want before you critisise them.
>Or you can always go play a SNES

>Funkmaster Fapo

Post by stev » Wed, 09 Jan 2002 07:19:58

ya im not just talking about microsoft sony n shit too
mostly all companies now worry about looks not fun factor
thats what games are made for , to have fun. a lot of the
time id rather play mike tyson boxing game for PLAIN
NINTENDO then a game for xbox or ps2 lol cause that game
is very fun shitty graphics and everything but fun factor
is where its all at and companies these days need to be
reminded about that and focus on that. but 1 little
customer doesnt get to say* to companies these days
bastards..=)
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>microsoft is missing the most important thing in games
>FUN FACTOR
>FUN FACTOR
>i like xbox n shit but most games are good graphics good
>sound and all that but the FUN FACTOR blows it just gets
>boring fast like project gothan racing and *wake
>man companies need to remeber THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN
>A GAME IS FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN
>FFFFFFAAAAAACCCCCTTTTOOOOOORRRR
>how fun the game is to play and how enjoyable it is.
>graphics and everything dont mean* if it doesnt have
>good fun factor the most important key in ever game.!!
>.

1. The most important things for experienced SAS programmers

Some time ago I asked "what are the 10 most important things an experienced
SAS programmer should know?"  Many, many of you replied.  I wrote your
suggestions into a SUGI 2002 paper, which you can see at
http://www.psiconsultants.com/about/10Things.pdf.  (It uses Adobe Acrobat
Reader.  To see the table at the end of the paper, you might need to click
the Rotate-View button.)

I want to update and improve on this.  So, three requests:

1) please rank *your* top 10 from the 22 items listed in the paper.  Please
give a "10" to the most important, and a "1" to the least important.  That
should result in 12 items being unranked.  Add your comments if you wish.

2) if have further thoughts on the categories, please let me know.  For
example,

* Are these categories useful?

* What important areas have been left out?

* Are there some non-SAS things that should be included, for example, "XML",
or "job-hunting", or "people-skills", etc.?

* Would you recommend a sequence to learning these things?

3) In the paper's Appendix B (What's the best way to learn them?), please
rank your top 10 in the same way (10= most important, 1= least important).
If there are still other methods that belong here, please let me know.

If there are enough responses to this post, I'll publish the results with
proper credit to those of you who contributed.

2. Sassoon Font prejudice?

3. Subject: Architecture the Most Important Thing?

4. Reg Edit

5. **FREE** Don't miss important calls while you are on the internet!!!

6. Learn AutoCad R14 fast...........

7. there is an important missing item in the FAQs

8. endless login circle after swapping hardware

9. Important Microsoft Access databases created in Germany

10. Very Important Letter From Microsoft

11. Important information regarding IDL 5.2, Microsoft Windows NT, and Service Pack 4

12. The only thing xbox is missing

13. Xbox is great, but one thing i miss...what u think?