Replacement AC Power cord for XBOX from Radio Shack

Replacement AC Power cord for XBOX from Radio Shack

Post by Tom Bolan » Wed, 19 Feb 2003 12:55:34

It has come up from time to time, so here is some info.

Replacement AC Power Cord
Cat # 61-2876, Black
It's marked "for radios, cassete recorders, more"
10 amp , 125 volt, 1250 watt
$2.99+ tax

This does not have the balun (that round thing about 6 inchs from the end of
the OEM power cable.) It should be fine.

Do not get 61-2878, which looks similar. It is not symetrical (polarized),
so it won't work.

Replacement AC Power cord for XBOX from Radio Shack

Post by XBXRLS [BOA » Wed, 19 Feb 2003 23:52:37

    I've heard people say that they have called MS Xbox Tech Support and
they were able to get any accessory cable that came with the Xbox (AV,
Power, Controller Break-away) for free. SINNNER has told this to "Steward
Pit" in a post regarding the controller break-away cable. If it's true, I'll
be sure to do it, even though none of my cables are missing/bad yet.

--
XBXRLS [BOA]
--------------------------

Quote:> It has come up from time to time, so here is some info.

> Replacement AC Power Cord
> Cat # 61-2876, Black
> It's marked "for radios, cassete recorders, more"
> 10 amp , 125 volt, 1250 watt
> $2.99+ tax

> This does not have the balun (that round thing about 6 inchs from the end
of
> the OEM power cable.) It should be fine.

> Do not get 61-2878, which looks similar. It is not symetrical (polarized),
> so it won't work.

Replacement AC Power cord for XBOX from Radio Shack

Post by Tom Bolan » Thu, 20 Feb 2003 00:18:29

I've heard that also.

In my case, I needed an additional power cord (and AV cable) because the
purpose was to be able to move the XBOX easy from one house to another. Now,
we can leave the cables in place.

Supposedly, one could have told MS that the cable was lost or broken, but $3
is not worth my integrity.

Tom Boland

>     I've heard people say that they have called MS Xbox Tech Support and
> they were able to get any accessory cable that came with the Xbox (AV,
> Power, Controller Break-away) for free. SINNNER has told this to "Steward
> Pit" in a post regarding the controller break-away cable. If it's true,
I'll
> be sure to do it, even though none of my cables are missing/bad yet.

> --
> XBXRLS [BOA]
> --------------------------
> Got Xbox Question's?? Try this:
> www.xboxfaq.info/
> -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
> "Let one who desires peace prepare for war"
> "Only the dead see the end of war"
> "Fences make good neighbors"-Robert Frost

> > It has come up from time to time, so here is some info.

> > Replacement AC Power Cord
> > Cat # 61-2876, Black
> > It's marked "for radios, cassete recorders, more"
> > 10 amp , 125 volt, 1250 watt
> > $2.99+ tax

> > This does not have the balun (that round thing about 6 inchs from the
end
> of
> > the OEM power cable.) It should be fine.

> > Do not get 61-2878, which looks similar. It is not symetrical
(polarized),
> > so it won't work.

1. Anyone have a Radio Shack part # for x10 triac replacement?

Just how does one learn that a bad triac is the problem?

I've been able to "fix" a few modules by replacing the fusible link,
but have never had any further success--are schematics available???

--Myron.
--
# Five boxes preserve our freedoms:  soap, ballot, witness, jury, and cartridge
# PhD EE (Professor Emeritus) "Barbershop" tenor. CDL(PTX) W0PBV (785) 539-4448

2. Forcing javascript to open in a particular frame

3. Multithreaded program runs slower than single threaded one!

4. Replacement radio shack part

5. Blizzard1230-II vs 1230-IV

6. REplacement power cords?

7. Roxio is a LIAR (sparing)(v)

8. need replacement power cord for iomega cdrw

9. Radio Shack Power Adapters

10. Radio Shack Plug 'n power and X10

11. XBOX Power Cord