Digital sound problem

Post by Nagrom » Sun, 26 May 2002 14:50:10

Im trying to connect my digital speakers to my x box.
The MS geniuses didn't include an optical in on the
system.  Is my only anser a super expensive set of
monster cables?  I use an RF adapter so the Monster
Cables are a no go! HWLP!!!!!

Digital sound problem

Post by bob » Sun, 26 May 2002 15:10:05

Yes, they are geniuses.  They included in the S-Video and
the HDTV kit.  If you use the RF adapter, you are probably
out of luck.  I don't think they sell RF adapters with
opitcal cables...

Digital sound problem

Post by Boid » Sun, 26 May 2002 16:33:34

If you use RF for video, your only solution at this point would be to
get a composite-to-RF encoder and use the Advanced A/V pack (which has
optical audio out). You could probably kludge it through a VCR, but then
DVDs probably wouldn't play properly.

Not sure why you'd want an optical *in* on the Xbox system...?

> Im trying to connect my digital speakers to my x box.
> The MS geniuses didn't include an optical in on the
> system.  Is my only anser a super expensive set of
> monster cables?  I use an RF adapter so the Monster
> Cables are a no go! HWLP!!!!!

Digital sound problem

Post by Gill » Sun, 26 May 2002 19:06:52

i agree, you should get an RF modulator (that's what the
compisite-RF encoder is called)... if u don't use the dvd
on the xbox then just use a vcr.... he wants the optical
in so he doesnt have to switch cables every time plays
xbox...