Party's Over: Some thoughts by Bltchfest'98

Party's Over: Some thoughts by Bltchfest'98

Post by bltchfest'9 » Sun, 08 Sep 2002 11:30:44

I think we're reaching a turning point in the battle between PS2 and XBOX.
I'm not saying XBOX is going to sell more units than PS2 next week.  I do
think it's dawning on people (even on PS2 fanboys who will never admit it)
that XBOX has taken a permanent lead in quality of gameplay.  It will only
be downhill for Sony now.

Sony will continue to struggle valiantly, of course.  They aren't going to
close up shop or (ever) admit defeat.  But gradually and relentlessly MS is
holding on and outlasting them.

The pace of releases for XBOX is quickening and in six months the selection
of grade A titles will be impressive.  In a year to 18 months it will be
overwhelming.

I know that competition is good for the consumer.  However, I will be glad
to see Sony hurt, as it has survived on hype and lies instead of on
providing a good product.  I own an XBOX and may someday get a GameCube, but
I'll never touch a PS2.

Bltchfest'98

Party's Over: Some thoughts by Bltchfest'98

Post by chri » Sun, 08 Sep 2002 13:23:28

They built up hype for about a year and didnt ever deliver
it til almost a year after that maybe half a year.  Xbox
said they would have them in stores in November and they
had them in stores in November and you could find one
easliy enogh.  I think they need to stop developing all
this *for Japan only too.  They just now started to
use the USB ports and stuff and the expansion bay.  Xbox
has used all of it's stuff and it has nice Accesories like
the Headset and stuff.  I think PS3 will be a major
bummer.  MS will just make XBOX2 more powerful and PS3
will soon go under and Xbox will possible the only one
cause Nintendo is going under too.  Hardware wise anyways.

Party's Over: Some thoughts by Bltchfest'98

Post by xbl_fontan » Sun, 08 Sep 2002 21:43:55

As you see more of the PS2 exclusive titles crossover to XBOX or you see
quality replacements for those titles on XBOX, the PS2 will slip.

I know in my house, my PS2 has not been turned on since Tiger Woods 2002
came out.  Now with Tiger Woods 2003 comming out for the XBOX.... PS2 may be
traded in for the TW2003 on XBOX.

But once you get a qualicty RPG and something like GTA on XBOX, PS2 days are
seriously numbered.

But it will survive (heck I know people stll using a 386 computer system
running Windows 3.1), too much has been invested by people who just don't
know you can sell it on Ebay or trade it in.

Quote:> I think we're reaching a turning point in the battle between PS2 and XBOX.