We NEED Xbox competitors...

Post by MIke Carte » Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:41:47

So I'm listening to National Public Radio, and they say
how Japan's economy is very bad right now, a lot of
unemployment and prices on goods are dropping.  I've even
read how * has dropped a bit too (though it's still
BIG there).  This got me to thinking about the japanese
xbox launch.  If it goes well, this'll only hurt the
competition, and all though this normally would be a good
thing, with Japan's current state, it could just hurt the
Japanese economy further (job layoffs).  Now, they say if
Japan's economy collapses, this will affect the global
economy and you know we're not sitting so high and mighty
ourselves here in the USA.  My point?  I don't really have
one, just thinking of something to take your minds off
EMB's posts!  Did it work?  Well, tell me, what do you
think? Will the Xbox be the trigger for global economic
collapse and is that necessarily a bad thing? :-)

We NEED Xbox competitors...

Post by <tangledweb.. » Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:07:49

Curious....what is your girlfriend doing while you're
trying to stress the 'point' you don't even really have.

Beware: Your girlfriend may SOON become your new 'EX-BOX'

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>So I'm listening to National Public Radio, and they say
>how Japan's economy is very bad right now, a lot of
>unemployment and prices on goods are dropping.  I've even
>read how * has dropped a bit too (though it's still
>BIG there).  This got me to thinking about the japanese
>xbox launch.  If it goes well, this'll only hurt the
>competition, and all though this normally would be a good
>thing, with Japan's current state, it could just hurt the
>Japanese economy further (job layoffs).  Now, they say if
>Japan's economy collapses, this will affect the global
>economy and you know we're not sitting so high and mighty
>ourselves here in the USA.  My point?  I don't really
have
>one, just thinking of something to take your minds off
>EMB's posts!  Did it work?  Well, tell me, what do you
>think? Will the Xbox be the trigger for global economic
>collapse and is that necessarily a bad thing? :-)
>.

We NEED Xbox competitors...

Post by Leathermonste » Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:47:05

yes! you are right! we all know Bill Gates is the
antichrist and his creation of the xbox is meant to
destroy the world! lol. i dont think the sale of a couple
of million xboxs in japan will cause global economic
collapse, dude.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>So I'm listening to National Public Radio, and they say
>how Japan's economy is very bad right now, a lot of
>unemployment and prices on goods are dropping.  I've even
>read how * has dropped a bit too (though it's still
>BIG there).  This got me to thinking about the japanese
>xbox launch.  If it goes well, this'll only hurt the
>competition, and all though this normally would be a good
>thing, with Japan's current state, it could just hurt the
>Japanese economy further (job layoffs).  Now, they say if
>Japan's economy collapses, this will affect the global
>economy and you know we're not sitting so high and mighty
>ourselves here in the USA.  My point?  I don't really
have
>one, just thinking of something to take your minds off
>EMB's posts!  Did it work?  Well, tell me, what do you
>think? Will the Xbox be the trigger for global economic
>collapse and is that necessarily a bad thing? :-)
>.

We NEED Xbox competitors...

Post by xTen » Tue, 19 Feb 2002 22:13:43

Well, you asked for an opinion ;)

The sudden growth in the video * market may serve to stimulate the hard
hit technology sector and provide a lot of jobs to former dot commers as
well as technical people fresh to the market.  Already there have been
schools set up to specialize in this industry.  The cross sectional demands
of producing a video game title, with both technical and artistic
requirements, may in time serve again the web as better sites based on these
relationships are realized.  This in turn again creates more jobs,
stimulating the economy.

Another point to consider is the social effects (yes, there are actually a
few positives).  Given the volumes of sales and the growth indicators, video
games may, at some point, do as much toward becoming "the great equalizer"
between social, racial and geographical groups as television did in the
past.  People now buy a video game in another language quicker than they
would any other media.  Just look at DOA3 - although not fully in another
language, the characters speak no English.

Quote:> So I'm listening to National Public Radio, and they say
> how Japan's economy is very bad right now, a lot of
> unemployment and prices on goods are dropping.  I've even
> read how * has dropped a bit too (though it's still
> BIG there).  This got me to thinking about the japanese
> xbox launch.  If it goes well, this'll only hurt the
> competition, and all though this normally would be a good
> thing, with Japan's current state, it could just hurt the
> Japanese economy further (job layoffs).  Now, they say if
> Japan's economy collapses, this will affect the global
> economy and you know we're not sitting so high and mighty
> ourselves here in the USA.  My point?  I don't really have
> one, just thinking of something to take your minds off
> EMB's posts!  Did it work?  Well, tell me, what do you
> think? Will the Xbox be the trigger for global economic
> collapse and is that necessarily a bad thing? :-)

We NEED Xbox competitors...

Post by Mike Carte » Wed, 20 Feb 2002 07:35:51

i'm thinking having a big video game tourney instead of
actual physical battles may be the wave of the future.
That or giant robots like in Robo (?) Robot (?) Jox.  You
know, that movie!

Was at Toys R Us today... saw a cool Xbox carrying case
and cd holder with the logo.  Yeah, I'm one of
those "geeks" or "nerds" that'll wear a tshirt with the
big green x on it.  You only live life once, might as well
enjoy it!
.
Keep *!
.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Well, you asked for an opinion ;)

>The sudden growth in the video * market may serve to
stimulate the hard
>hit technology sector and provide a lot of jobs to former
dot commers as
>well as technical people fresh to the market.  Already
there have been
>schools set up to specialize in this industry.  The cross
sectional demands
>of producing a video game title, with both technical and
artistic
>requirements, may in time serve again the web as better

sites based on these
Quote:>relationships are realized.  This in turn again creates
more jobs,
>stimulating the economy.

>Another point to consider is the social effects (yes,

there are actually a
Quote:>few positives).  Given the volumes of sales and the

growth indicators, video
Quote:>games may, at some point, do as much toward becoming "the
great equalizer"
>between social, racial and geographical groups as

television did in the
>past.  People now buy a video game in another language
quicker than they
>would any other media.  Just look at DOA3 - although not
fully in another
>language, the characters speak no English.

>> So I'm listening to National Public Radio, and they say
>> how Japan's economy is very bad right now, a lot of
>> unemployment and prices on goods are dropping.  I've
even
>> read how * has dropped a bit too (though it's still
>> BIG there).  This got me to thinking about the japanese
>> xbox launch.  If it goes well, this'll only hurt the
>> competition, and all though this normally would be a
good
>> thing, with Japan's current state, it could just hurt
the
>> Japanese economy further (job layoffs).  Now, they say
if
>> Japan's economy collapses, this will affect the global
>> economy and you know we're not sitting so high and
mighty
>> ourselves here in the USA.  My point?  I don't really
have
>> one, just thinking of something to take your minds off
>> EMB's posts!  Did it work?  Well, tell me, what do you
>> think? Will the Xbox be the trigger for global economic
>> collapse and is that necessarily a bad thing? :-)

>.

We NEED Xbox competitors...

Post by Mike Carte » Wed, 20 Feb 2002 07:31:20

Well, my "wife" is either watching Tenchi on DVD, playing
Tetris on her Gameboy Advance, working her fulltime job,
spending time with the family, or.... I'll stop there.
Fact is, I'm lucky to have her.  She even bought me a
PSone Combo!  She also bought me the last two Nintendo
consoles for Christmas (past and present).  Thanks for the
advice though.  Did I mention she wants to name our next
daughter "Sasami"?  Now, even I wouldn't go THAT far...
but she did let me name my daughter Katana.
.
.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Curious....what is your girlfriend doing while you're
>trying to stress the 'point' you don't even really have.

>Beware: Your girlfriend may SOON become your new 'EX-BOX'

1. Xbox sucks Xbox sucks Xbox sucks Xbox sucks Xbox sucks Xbox sucks Xbox sucks Xbo

[...]

2. Counter Problems

3. xbox sucks xbox sucks xbox sucks xbox sucks xbox sucks xbox sucks xbox sucks xbo

4. Old DOS box on LAN

5. Looping LOGINOUT processes ...

6. xBoX SuCkS xBoX SuCkS xBoX SuCkS xBoX SuCkS xBoX SuCkS xBoX SuCkS xBoX SuCkS xBo

7. ANNOUNCEMENT: MPI-FM on Myrinet now available!

8. E3 XBOX E3 XBOX E3 XBOX E3 XBOX

9. Xbox System Cable - Do you need both Xbox's playing the same Game?

10. Any Strobe Pro competitors out there?

11. Can someone tell me of any Excel competitors?