No Dolby Digital sound with optical

Post by xTen » Sat, 02 Nov 2002 04:26:36

Quote:> I have purchased a Mad Catz 5.1 AV pack with optical, and
> am using it on my Sony STR-DE945 Digital Reciever. And I
> can't get Digital audio with it, it shows up as a optical
> signal but doesn't seem to be in Dolby Digital sound,
> only in pro-logic. Also, my XBOX doesn't have a Dolby
> Digital option in the audio settings, only; mono, stereo,
> and Dolby surround (is this the dolby digital? if so, it
> isn't in digital). Any one out there able to help me?

If you do not have a Dolby Digital selection in your menu you do have a
problem. Without this selection you will not be processing Dolby Digital
output.

Do you have a friend with an XBox?  If so, use the pack on their unit and
see if it gives them a DD choice in their dashboard.

More than likely, though, you have a bad pack.  This was a problem with the
Madcatz version when it was first released.

Good luck.

No Dolby Digital sound with optical

Post by d.head[BOA » Sat, 02 Nov 2002 04:30:32

You may need to configure the input setting on your
reciever. Ther should be some sort of set up menu . On my
Kenwood, the default was analog. without setting it up for
digital input, all I had was Pro logic. Hope that helps.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----

Post by painles » Sat, 02 Nov 2002 04:05:21

I have purchased a Mad Catz 5.1 AV pack with optical, and
am using it on my Sony STR-DE945 Digital Reciever. And I
can't get Digital audio with it, it shows up as a optical
signal but doesn't seem to be in Dolby Digital sound,
only in pro-logic. Also, my XBOX doesn't have a Dolby
Digital option in the audio settings, only; mono, stereo,
and Dolby surround (is this the dolby digital? if so, it
isn't in digital). Any one out there able to help me?

No Dolby Digital sound with optical

Post by Notorious Shari » Sat, 02 Nov 2002 04:58:39

There is no such :DOLBY  DIGITAL option on the dashboard, if there was, it
would be included in the XBOX manual

No Dolby Digital sound with optical

Post by danny686 » Sat, 02 Nov 2002 05:18:02

It's actually a known issue with the MadCatz unit.  Contact their tech
support, and they'll tell you it's defective.  They will send you a new one
without hassle, and off you go.  I know of two people who bought the same
units, and had the same trouble, and the solution was the same both
times...bad madcatz hardware that they will replace with a working unit for
free.  Contact them!!!

(I'm not sure if the info is in boid's FAQ or not....go to
http://www.xboxfaq.info

Danny Rego

Quote:> I have purchased a Mad Catz 5.1 AV pack with optical, and
> am using it on my Sony STR-DE945 Digital Reciever. And I
> can't get Digital audio with it, it shows up as a optical
> signal but doesn't seem to be in Dolby Digital sound,
> only in pro-logic. Also, my XBOX doesn't have a Dolby
> Digital option in the audio settings, only; mono, stereo,
> and Dolby surround (is this the dolby digital? if so, it
> isn't in digital). Any one out there able to help me?

No Dolby Digital sound with optical

Post by danny686 » Sat, 02 Nov 2002 05:19:10

Yes there is, but it only shows up when you have a DD capable A/V cable
hooked up.  So it wouldn't be in the XBox manual, but in the manual for the
A/V Cable!

Quote:> There is no such :DOLBY  DIGITAL option on the dashboard, if there was, it

Post by Boid [BOA] [Xbox MVP » Sat, 02 Nov 2002 05:31:27

> There is no such :DOLBY  DIGITAL option on the dashboard, if there was, it
> would be included in the XBOX manual

Yes, there is, if you have either the advanced or High-def A/V kit.

--
The Unofficial Xbox FAQ: http://www.xboxfaq.info

Post by Boid [BOA] [Xbox MVP » Sat, 02 Nov 2002 05:33:16

> I have purchased a Mad Catz 5.1 AV pack with optical, and
> am using it on my Sony STR-DE945 Digital Reciever. And I
> can't get Digital audio with it, it shows up as a optical
> signal but doesn't seem to be in Dolby Digital sound,
> only in pro-logic. Also, my XBOX doesn't have a Dolby
> Digital option in the audio settings, only; mono, stereo,
> and Dolby surround (is this the dolby digital? if so, it
> isn't in digital). Any one out there able to help me?

From the FAQ (http://members.cox.net/xboxfaq/faq.htm#Q10.13):

10.13 Mad Catz A/V pack: no Dolby Digital
(Last updated: 01/31/2002)

(Thanks to Danny Rego) Some of the Mad Catz A/V packs are faulty and
will not properly convey the Dolby Digital audio signal to your
receiver. If you contact Mad Catz, they will replace faulty packs.

--
The Unofficial Xbox FAQ: http://www.xboxfaq.info

No Dolby Digital sound with optical

Post by Maedhros82 » Sun, 03 Nov 2002 04:05:57

Try setting the Audio options to dolby surround.
Hopefully this will emit the surround signal throught the
optical wire into your receiver. Your receiver shoud show
that it's receiving an digital signal via the optical
input. I don't think you need any other audio connections
besides that one cable unless you want to hear it on your
t.v. also, in that case connect the red and whit cables
to the t.v. Let me know if this helps.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have purchased a Mad Catz 5.1 AV pack with optical,
and
>am using it on my Sony STR-DE945 Digital Reciever. And I
>can't get Digital audio with it, it shows up as a
optical
>signal but doesn't seem to be in Dolby Digital sound,
>only in pro-logic. Also, my XBOX doesn't have a Dolby
>Digital option in the audio settings, only; mono,
stereo,
>and Dolby surround (is this the dolby digital? if so, it
>isn't in digital). Any one out there able to help me?
>.

No Dolby Digital sound with optical

Post by xric » Mon, 04 Nov 2002 05:59:23

HELP! I can't get dolby digital to work either. I recently puchased the
monster optical and s-video cables for xbox. I have a denon AVR 3802
receiver. I set the audio connection to optical on the receiver and I was
able to select DD enabled on the xbox. However the receive says that the
signal is still analog.
Do I need the DVD pack to play games in DD 5.1? Your input will be
appreciated!