5.1 Surround Sound - Whats the best game for it.

5.1 Surround Sound - Whats the best game for it.

Post by Kazar » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 00:26:29

I just got my XBOX hooked up to my new surround system. What is the best
game for this?

5.1 Surround Sound - Whats the best game for it.

Post by JJRowd » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 02:00:51

Mech* does a good job of 5.1,  I find. Also, this should answer your
other question on the best game to get for online play. Two birds with one
stone.

Joe

Quote:> I just got my XBOX hooked up to my new surround system. What is the best
> game for this?

5.1 Surround Sound - Whats the best game for it.

Post by Sylvio Girardea » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 04:29:19

I've tried everything ( Yamaha v995 ) to get my amp to pick up 5.1 for ANY
games - but no go.

I have the optic cable and all.

Works fine for DVD movies though - but not games.

And I have tried everything in dashboard also.

Sylvio.

5.1 Surround Sound - Whats the best game for it.

Post by Kazar » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 04:49:55

I seem to get it. It shows up on my sony reciever that it is Dobly Digital.
I know on my sony i had to make sure that it was getting the sound from the
optical.  had to change a setting on the reciever.

Quote:> I've tried everything ( Yamaha v995 ) to get my amp to pick up 5.1 for ANY
> games - but no go.

> I have the optic cable and all.

> Works fine for DVD movies though - but not games.

> And I have tried everything in dashboard also.

> Sylvio.

5.1 Surround Sound - Whats the best game for it.

Post by vorte » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 07:48:55

Have you gone into the audio settings on the dashboard and enabled Dolby
Digital and DTS?

Quote:> I've tried everything ( Yamaha v995 ) to get my amp to pick up 5.1 for ANY
> games - but no go.

> I have the optic cable and all.

> Works fine for DVD movies though - but not games.

> And I have tried everything in dashboard also.

> Sylvio.

5.1 Surround Sound - Whats the best game for it.

Post by atsuk » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 08:31:04

i like playing halo with my setup.  i use 6 speakers and a
sub though :0

Post by Sylvio Girardea » Sun, 02 Feb 2003 16:30:48

I've done everything .. including the dashboard...

When I play DVD movies - no problem - it will pick up DTS or Dolby 5.1 no
problem (the amp shows it and you can obviously tell by the sound).

BUT - with games - if I try the same setup (and yes the dashboard is set to
to the proper settings ) - no sound coming out at all...

I have to put the dashboard in STEREO and disable Dolby and DTS in the
dashboard in order to get recognition from the Yamaha v995.

And yes - of course - I do have optic cable and all - DVD movies work no
problem - it's just games.

5.1 Surround Sound - Whats the best game for it.

Post by William Brow » Mon, 03 Feb 2003 14:09:21

I use an RCA 2600 and it works great, just make sure you get a hookup with
optical, like the advanced kit or the HDTV component hook ups has one also.
The RCA 2600 has 2 optical inputs and if around 399 at radioshack.  I have
had an Sony reciever but the left front channel burnt out in it.  So far the
RCA has performed flawlessly.

Quote:> I've done everything .. including the dashboard...

> When I play DVD movies - no problem - it will pick up DTS or Dolby 5.1 no
> problem (the amp shows it and you can obviously tell by the sound).

> BUT - with games - if I try the same setup (and yes the dashboard is set
> to the proper settings ) - no sound coming out at all...

> I have to put the dashboard in STEREO and disable Dolby and DTS in the
> dashboard in order to get recognition from the Yamaha v995.

> And yes - of course - I do have optic cable and all - DVD movies work no
> problem - it's just games.

5.1 Surround Sound - Whats the best game for it.

Post by encoregu » Tue, 04 Feb 2003 06:59:41

I may be stating the obvious here but, you should not have this problem.  I
assume you are using the HD pak. Have you disabled stereo and just enabled
DTS?  Do you connect the RCA audio jacks and the optical or just the
optical.
I use Monster cables and leave the audio RCA jacks* and use toslink
to the reciever.
Your missing a great deal especially if you have the setup to hear it.
Good Luck!

Quote:> I've done everything .. including the dashboard...

> When I play DVD movies - no problem - it will pick up DTS or Dolby 5.1 no
> problem (the amp shows it and you can obviously tell by the sound).

> BUT - with games - if I try the same setup (and yes the dashboard is set
> to the proper settings ) - no sound coming out at all...

> I have to put the dashboard in STEREO and disable Dolby and DTS in the
> dashboard in order to get recognition from the Yamaha v995.

> And yes - of course - I do have optic cable and all - DVD movies work no
> problem - it's just games.

5.1 Surround Sound - Whats the best game for it.

Post by vorte » Tue, 04 Feb 2003 08:56:08

You have the offical MS HD or Advanced pack? There have been quite a number
of reported probs with 3rd party packs (monster in particular).

DVD will generaly always work. The audio on the DVD is recorded as DD/DTS
and the xbox dosn't touch it so it will allways come out ok.

Quote:> I've done everything .. including the dashboard...

> When I play DVD movies - no problem - it will pick up DTS or Dolby 5.1 no
> problem (the amp shows it and you can obviously tell by the sound).

> BUT - with games - if I try the same setup (and yes the dashboard is set
> to the proper settings ) - no sound coming out at all...

> I have to put the dashboard in STEREO and disable Dolby and DTS in the
> dashboard in order to get recognition from the Yamaha v995.

> And yes - of course - I do have optic cable and all - DVD movies work no
> problem - it's just games.

5.1 Surround Sound - Whats the best game for it.

Post by Chri » Mon, 10 Feb 2003 00:06:46

NOT MUCH MORE NEEDED TO BE SAID!