Digital Sound Question...

Post by King Takac » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 12:58:25

Okey my setup includes a sound system that has dolby
digital and DTS decoding. My tv only has inputs for the
standard RCA connecters. I want to connect my Xbox with my
sound system so that every game is in dolby digital. What
cable if any do you recommend my buying so that i can get
full sound use out of my Xbox.

I know about have an S video or component tv, that puts
out Dolby Digital but what are my options with a tv that
only has standard RCA cables? please and thank you.

Digital Sound Question...

Post by toddma » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 23:48:51

As far as I can tell, the MS advanced and hi res video
kits provide only one way to get the digital signal to
your receiver...Optical. (other 3rd parties might offer a
coaxial option but I've not seen one)   In other words,
you will need an available optical input in your receiver
and an optical cable. (purchased seperately from any
stereo store...buy mid or low end...bits are bits)

Here is a sample setup with the Advanced AV Pack  AVP:

From the AVP connect either the S-video or Composit video
(yellow RCA) jack to the video imput on your tv.  S-video
is better if you have it.

From the AVP attach a fiber optic cable to the digital
imput on your DD receiver.  You might also connect the
stereo (anlog) connections to do some comparisons and if
you like analog misic from any CDs you rip to the Xbox

Make sure your input selection on your DD receiver is set
to digital or auto.

THe High Def AV pack is the same except your video input
is a component set

Hope this helps...this setup ROCKS!!

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Okey my setup includes a sound system that has dolby
>digital and DTS decoding. My tv only has inputs for the
>standard RCA connecters. I want to connect my Xbox with
my
>sound system so that every game is in dolby digital.
What
>cable if any do you recommend my buying so that i can
get
>full sound use out of my Xbox.

>I know about have an S video or component tv, that puts
>out Dolby Digital but what are my options with a tv that
>only has standard RCA cables? please and thank you.
>.

1. Question - ATX front sound port connections and PCI sound cards

I am currently looking at purchasing an ATX case that has USB and
sound port connections in the front of the case.  The sound port has
several single-pin connections that are each labeled (I forget the
exact names).  I would think that normally these would connect to an
on-board sound input from the motherboard.  I have an ABIT BE6-II v2
and a Vortex 2 sound card with no on-board motherboard sound.  Does
anyone know if I could hook up those single-pin connections to the
Vortex 2?

2. Main big CO switches?

3. Digital Barking Dog Alarm Re: Digital Barking Dog Alarm Re: Digital Barking Dog Alarm

4. VIRUS WARNING.

5. dolby digital 5.1 sound

6. 760 I still need help! anyone

7. I need Dolby Digital surround sound help

8. WANTED: Printer driver for Canon BJ-10e

9. How do I get 5.1ch/Dolby Digital sound?

10. No Dolby Digital sound with optical

11. Digital Sound

12. Surround Sound Dolby Digital 5.1

13. 5.1 dolby digital sound