New Dilemma

Post by malbert » Thu, 01 May 2003 23:34:03

I have a hard time enjoying my Xbox.  You see, I have an insane amount of
titles and my wife has said every one of them is very expensive.  I have a
hard time enjoying each of them because if I concentrate on one for too
long, I begin to feel guilty about not playing the other ones.

I played PSO last night but I felt bad because I have recently purchased
Enclave and State of Emergency.  I have had Moto GP and Terminator since
before Christmas and I have only recently opened Moto GP.  Terminator has
not even spun yet.  Also recently my wife bought Steel Battalion and that
has been collecting dust as well.

What should I do?  I am so miserable...

--
Malberto
Gamertag: Dahmers Vomit

New Dilemma

Post by malbert » Thu, 01 May 2003 23:35:16

I have a hard time enjoying my Xbox.  You see, I have an insane amount of
titles and my wife has said every one of them is very expensive.  I have a
hard time enjoying each of them because if I concentrate on one for too
long, I begin to feel guilty about not playing the other ones.

I played PSO last night but I felt bad because I have recently purchased
Enclave and State of Emergency.  I have had Moto GP and Terminator since
before Christmas and I have only recently opened Moto GP.  Terminator has
not even spun yet.  Also recently my wife bought Steel Battalion and that
has been collecting dust as well.

What should I do?  I am so miserable...

--
Malberto
Gamertag: Dahmers Vomit
http://groups.msn.com/XboxTrader

New Dilemma

Post by Faus » Thu, 01 May 2003 23:36:26

Quote:> What should I do?  I am so miserable...

Buy one game then play till boredom before buying another.  I had the same
feelings of guilt when I bought my xbox bundle.  Max Payne went moths before
even being taken from the shrink wrap.  Now I only buy one game at a time.

New Dilemma

Post by malbert » Thu, 01 May 2003 23:45:45

But Wolfenstein and Brute Force are due out in the next month.  Midnight
Club looks awesome and I am interested in the upcoming Matrix game.  I can't
just buy one title at a time!

Am I doomed?

--
Alberta
Gamer: Dahmers Vomit
http://groups.msn.com/XboxTrader

Quote:> > What should I do?  I am so miserable...

> Buy one game then play till boredom before buying another.  I had the same
> feelings of guilt when I bought my xbox bundle.  Max Payne went moths
before
> even being taken from the shrink wrap.  Now I only buy one game at a time.

New Dilemma

Post by Faus » Fri, 02 May 2003 00:04:20

Quote:> Am I doomed?

No, you just have more money than sense :)

New Dilemma

Post by Graha » Fri, 02 May 2003 00:12:42

Quote:> But Wolfenstein and Brute Force are due out in the next month.  Midnight
> Club looks awesome and I am interested in the upcoming Matrix game.  I
can't
> just buy one title at a time!

> Am I doomed?

As long as you can afford to buy them, then why worry?  At least when you
get time to play, you'll have a reasonably good choice of something to play.
Imagine if you only had 1 game, you'd soon tire of it and want something
else.

New Dilemma

Post by Hornes » Fri, 02 May 2003 00:11:58

Ditch the wife - you'll have more time to spend playing games at catching up
instead of listening to her going on about how much they cost.

;-)

Quote:> I have a hard time enjoying my Xbox.  You see, I have an insane amount of

Post by BelPowerslav » Fri, 02 May 2003 00:25:49

Quote:> I have a hard time enjoying my Xbox.  You see, I have an insane amount of
> titles and my wife has said every one of them is very expensive.  I have a
> hard time enjoying each of them because if I concentrate on one for too
> long, I begin to feel guilty about not playing the other ones.

> I played PSO last night but I felt bad because I have recently purchased
> Enclave and State of Emergency.  I have had Moto GP and Terminator since
> before Christmas and I have only recently opened Moto GP.  Terminator has
> not even spun yet.  Also recently my wife bought Steel Battalion and that
> has been collecting dust as well.

> What should I do?  I am so miserable...

Two options:

1. Sell off most of the stuff that's still getting a decent price on ebay,
pocket the cash and concentrate on the few games you're really into.

2. Stop buying games, and just play the ones you have. At some point, you will
get tired of "X"game and will want to move on...when you do, you'll have all
these others just sitting on the shelve waiting for you.

I have about 10 games(three of which came with the X), and have really been
pounding away on just 2 or 3 right now. When I get tired of those, it's nice
to choose from around 7 or so that I've not played so much and give them a
spin. It's like having new games you just bought...you just skip the trip to
the store. ;)

Bel

--
Whip Ass *: http://www.veryComputer.com/~belpowerslave/

"If the Xbox falls console falls and hits someone, especially a small
child, it could cause serious injury." - The Xbox user manual

New Dilemma

Post by Dan Corba » Fri, 02 May 2003 00:45:28

I have the same situation with my PC games. The problem is that I have been
playing so much XBox lately, that I have no time for my PC games. Hell, I
will never finish Baldur's Gate II now. I have a list of XBox games that I
want and I buy one whenever I get the chance, but I am not playing them as
fast as I am acquiring them. :)

It sounds like your wife should think about finding another man. One that
doesn't leech off of her and torture her with a video game *ion,
forcing her to buy all of his games. I am kidding about that, but from what
you posted, you do give the impression that she is buying all of your games.
Anyway, it doesn't seem like she minds, considering that he bought you Steel
Battalion. Unless of course you were holding her at gunpoint or something.

Quote:> I have a hard time enjoying my Xbox.  You see, I have an insane amount of
> titles and my wife has said every one of them is very expensive.  I have a
> hard time enjoying each of them because if I concentrate on one for too
> long, I begin to feel guilty about not playing the other ones.

> I played PSO last night but I felt bad because I have recently purchased
> Enclave and State of Emergency.  I have had Moto GP and Terminator since
> before Christmas and I have only recently opened Moto GP.  Terminator has
> not even spun yet.  Also recently my wife bought Steel Battalion and that
> has been collecting dust as well.

New Dilemma

Post by bueno50 » Fri, 02 May 2003 01:22:46

ROTFL

:-)

> I have the same situation with my PC games. The problem is that I have
been
> playing so much XBox lately, that I have no time for my PC games. Hell, I
> will never finish Baldur's Gate II now. I have a list of XBox games that I
> want and I buy one whenever I get the chance, but I am not playing them as
> fast as I am acquiring them. :)

> It sounds like your wife should think about finding another man. One that
> doesn't leech off of her and torture her with a video game *ion,
> forcing her to buy all of his games. I am kidding about that, but from
what
> you posted, you do give the impression that she is buying all of your
games.
> Anyway, it doesn't seem like she minds, considering that he bought you
Steel
> Battalion. Unless of course you were holding her at gunpoint or something.

> > I have a hard time enjoying my Xbox.  You see, I have an insane amount
of
> > titles and my wife has said every one of them is very expensive.  I have
> > hard time enjoying each of them because if I concentrate on one for too
> > long, I begin to feel guilty about not playing the other ones.

> > I played PSO last night but I felt bad because I have recently purchased
> > Enclave and State of Emergency.  I have had Moto GP and Terminator since
> > before Christmas and I have only recently opened Moto GP.  Terminator
has
> > not even spun yet.  Also recently my wife bought Steel Battalion and
that
> > has been collecting dust as well.

New Dilemma

Post by malbert » Fri, 02 May 2003 01:27:24

LOL...  That's pretty funny.  I earn more money than my wife but I have to
admit I have no self-discipline.  If our finances were in my hands, we would
be bankrupt.  She keeps track of all the money and pays all the bills.  I
suppose I am high maintenance but what man isn't for one reason or another.

Surprisingly I did not have to hold her at gunpoint to get Steel Battalion.
It was a total surprise, which made the whole thing even better.

--
Malberto
Gamertag: Dahmers Vomit

> I have the same situation with my PC games. The problem is that I have
been
> playing so much XBox lately, that I have no time for my PC games. Hell, I
> will never finish Baldur's Gate II now. I have a list of XBox games that I
> want and I buy one whenever I get the chance, but I am not playing them as
> fast as I am acquiring them. :)

> It sounds like your wife should think about finding another man. One that
> doesn't leech off of her and torture her with a video game *ion,
> forcing her to buy all of his games. I am kidding about that, but from
what
> you posted, you do give the impression that she is buying all of your
games.
> Anyway, it doesn't seem like she minds, considering that he bought you
Steel
> Battalion. Unless of course you were holding her at gunpoint or something.

> > I have a hard time enjoying my Xbox.  You see, I have an insane amount
of
> > titles and my wife has said every one of them is very expensive.  I have
> > hard time enjoying each of them because if I concentrate on one for too
> > long, I begin to feel guilty about not playing the other ones.

> > I played PSO last night but I felt bad because I have recently purchased
> > Enclave and State of Emergency.  I have had Moto GP and Terminator since
> > before Christmas and I have only recently opened Moto GP.  Terminator
has
> > not even spun yet.  Also recently my wife bought Steel Battalion and
that
> > has been collecting dust as well.

New Dilemma

Post by malbert » Fri, 02 May 2003 01:33:06

Baldur's Gate II?  Forget about it - along with the Diablo II Expansion
Pack, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Neverwinter Nights, Jedi Knight 2, and The
Sims.  I would love to get Unreal II, but I have way too much guilt and
never enough time to play PC games since I got my Xbox.

--
Malberto
Gamertag: Dahmers Vomit

Post by Dancefloor Delux » Fri, 02 May 2003 02:21:17

> I played PSO last night but I felt bad because I have
> recently purchased Enclave and State of Emergency.

you *should* feel bad for buying SOE. matter o' fact, you oughta feel
like a damned fool. ;-)

New Dilemma

Post by malbert » Fri, 02 May 2003 02:26:14

It was only $20, DD.

> > I played PSO last night but I felt bad because I have
> > recently purchased Enclave and State of Emergency.

> you *should* feel bad for buying SOE. matter o' fact, you oughta feel
> like a damned fool. ;-)

New Dilemma

Post by G.B.H » Fri, 02 May 2003 05:58:52

Quote:> > What should I do?  I am so miserable...

> Buy one game then play till boredom before buying another.  I had the same
> feelings of guilt when I bought my xbox bundle.  Max Payne went moths
before
> even being taken from the shrink wrap.  Now I only buy one game at a time.

Don't sweat it I have 34 games... and more money than brains too.
I just got Clone Wars and preordered Wolfie and have spent the last two
weeks playing Morrowind.

... You'll play em all eventually. Heck I'm still tring to finish my NES
collection of unplayed titles.

HEhhAhehAEHhAEhhAEhAHE
G.B.H.

1. New Dilemma- Performance Evaluation

Save all the emails from the project managers telling you what a phenomenal job you're doing catching all the bugs!

Print them off and bring them to your review.

:)
------------------
Jordan Gottlieb
Qualitech Solutions, Inc.

Please click the following link to reply:
http://www.qaforums.com/Forum15/HTML/001066.html

2. Questions about Vrepair

3. Restricting SMTP Access via Domino

4. New Manager Dilemma