DVD Normal vs Letterbox Question on Xbox

DVD Normal vs Letterbox Question on Xbox

Post by JonP » Mon, 03 Dec 2001 11:22:54

All,

I have a standard TV and no matter if I select letterbox or standard, it
still
displays in letterbox.

I am hitting the Display button and going into Video options and changing it
from
there.

What am I missing?  Is something wrong with my Xbox?

TIA
JonP

DVD Normal vs Letterbox Question on Xbox

Post by Mike » Mon, 03 Dec 2001 12:20:26

The DVD is probably a widescreen format. The only way to
get a full screen picture is to get a 16:9 TV or zoom
while watching the dvd.
Mike
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>All,

>I have a standard TV and no matter if I select letterbox
or standard, it
>still
>displays in letterbox.

>I am hitting the Display button and going into Video

options and changing it
Quote:>from
>there.

>What am I missing?  Is something wrong with my Xbox?

>TIA
>JonP

>.

DVD Normal vs Letterbox Question on Xbox

Post by Jim » Mon, 03 Dec 2001 12:29:15

Same here, let me know if you find the answer.

Thanks

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>All,

>I have a standard TV and no matter if I select letterbox
or standard, it
>still
>displays in letterbox.

>I am hitting the Display button and going into Video

options and changing it
Quote:>from
>there.

>What am I missing?  Is something wrong with my Xbox?

>TIA
>JonP

>.

DVD Normal vs Letterbox Question on Xbox

Post by Brad » Mon, 03 Dec 2001 15:31:10

Are you guys watching DVD's?  If so, the movie is probably
in widescreen format and you can't change it.  It's not
the XBOX.  ALOT of DVD movies are in the letterbox format
and there's nothing you can do about it.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Same here, let me know if you find the answer.

>Thanks

Post by JonP » Mon, 03 Dec 2001 20:33:27

Thx for your answer

I did not realize that about DVD's

Quote:> Are you guys watching DVD's?  If so, the movie is probably
> in widescreen format and you can't change it.  It's not
> the XBOX.  ALOT of DVD movies are in the letterbox format
> and there's nothing you can do about it.

1. DVD question, whay cant i watch full screen nly letterbox mode?

Hi all

Just got a fwe dvds and all of them are in letterbox display :(

ive tried all the settings in the options and can watch wide screen or
letterbox even though i have the normal setting.

anyone know whats up?

cheers all,

Borris

2. SharePoint Category Blow Out

3. XBOX DVD vs PC DVD

4. Extra screen layer?

5. Xbox DVD vs PS2 DVD

6. xbox dvd audio vs. ps2 dvd audio

7. Settings?: Normal, Letterbox, Widescreen

8. Is this normal (xbox dvd drive vibration) (I know it sounds dumb)

9. Does XBOX play DVD -R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW

10. DvD only plays in letterbox, what gives?

11. Xbox vs. PS2 DVD playback