I need Dolby Digital surround sound help

I need Dolby Digital surround sound help

Post by Alex » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 08:48:46

Is there anyway, other than the optical port, to take
advantage of the surround sound feature?

I need Dolby Digital surround sound help

Post by BL » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 09:01:50

Quote:> Is there anyway, other than the optical port, to take
> advantage of the surround sound feature?

There are optical to coxial converters if that is your problem.  Other than
that, you're stuck with Pro Logic without a receiver which decodes DD5.1
(assuming your receiver does even that).

--
-BL
Gamertag: Leadfoot

I need Dolby Digital surround sound help

Post by Microbo » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 13:27:22

There is a HACK you can do if you dont mind voiding your warranty.
It envolves the video output connector on the board of the Xbox, you can
splice into it and install a standard RCA type female socket which gives RCA
(Coaxial) output.
Details can be found on the web

Cheers
Microbot

> > Is there anyway, other than the optical port, to take
> > advantage of the surround sound feature?

> There are optical to coxial converters if that is your problem.  Other
than
> that, you're stuck with Pro Logic without a receiver which decodes DD5.1
> (assuming your receiver does even that).

> --
> -BL
> Gamertag: Leadfoot

1. Surround Sound Dolby Digital 5.1

you are luck y i came om : )  I am a home theater
expert...let me tell you what i tell many...Polk Audio Will
give you a lot of sound for the money ...the rm5600
speaker system is pretty inexpensive but you got to
hear what you get for the money...as far as receivers
go Denon is very good & what i have

2. Test.

3. Dolby Digital Surround Sound 5.1

4. Administrator password

5. Does the Dolby Digital mean surround sound?

6. FS: Atari 1040ST only $20 plus freight

7. need dolby digital surround but not s-video

8. BA Newsreader Missing Messages

9. Dolby Digital - what games are available in dolby digital?

10. Is there supposed to be an option to select Dolby Digital (not Surround) from audio setup?

11. Need help with surround sound

12. Surround sound help needed.

13. need help w/xbox and dolby digital