The New Third E-mail Question

Post by ? » Sun, 25 Aug 2002 12:28:06

 I was one of the people that got the surveys and no 3rd e-
mail. Today I received one but it was what people said was
a rejection letter. Then other people said that they got
that letter and then received the link. So does this still
let me have a chance a beta testing?

The New Third E-mail Question

Post by John » Sun, 25 Aug 2002 12:39:01

Yup, we're all still in if we haven't been picked already...  microsoft will
lead us on till the 20th then they'll decide what to do...  they say they
will pick somewhere around 40k total so that's a good sign considereing when
you cut out people with multiple accounts, no xboxs, no broadband it'll
probably come out to be around 60k-70k that are viable sign ups so 40k out
of 60k are good odds...  that's supposed to happen late september so we'll
see what happens.. I theorize mid to late october they let everyone in so
they have a nice user base when they start but this last line is just my
theory...

Quote:> I was one of the people that got the surveys and no 3rd e-
> mail. Today I received one but it was what people said was
> a rejection letter. Then other people said that they got
> that letter and then received the link. So does this still
> let me have a chance a beta testing?

The New Third E-mail Question

Post by Arg » Sun, 25 Aug 2002 12:37:40

Nope not likely, The first wave is done over finito. No
more acceptance e-mails till mid next week. The way that
M$ hadels it ppl who sign up right now will get it
instead of us who signed up 2-3 months ago. I'm still
waiting for any news from them at all. No e-mails nothing
for me.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
> I was one of the people that got the surveys and no 3rd
e-
>mail. Today I received one but it was what people said
was
>a rejection letter. Then other people said that they got
>that letter and then received the link. So does this
still
>let me have a chance a beta testing?
>.

The New Third E-mail Question

Post by diiori » Sun, 25 Aug 2002 13:23:02

arg is wrong, you still ahve a chance, this was confirmed.

Quote:> Nope not likely, The first wave is done over finito. No