My video is upside down on the other end...

My video is upside down on the other end...

Post by <bil.. » Sun, 13 May 2001 15:47:58

Net  Meeting  with  PCTV  capture  card  and  Windows2000  shows  picture
on  receiving end  upside  down

Thanks

My video is upside down on the other end...

Post by trk » Sun, 13 May 2001 20:48:09

there have been a couple of answers to this and involves changing your
settings - I did not read the detail - simple solution - turn the camera
upside down - works a treat

> Net  Meeting  with  PCTV  capture  card  and  Windows2000  shows  picture
> on  receiving end  upside  down

> Thanks

My video is upside down on the other end...

Post by MJW » Mon, 14 May 2001 02:33:21

You most likely have to open the software that came with the camera. Look
for "Settings", "Options", or "Properties" and try to find a sub-menu where
you can either "Mirror" the image or "Flip" it. Uncheck the "Flip" box or do
whatever disables the feature and you will be fine in Netmeeting. Tried it
out with my camera. As soon as I check "Flip" the image is upside down in
Netmeeting, too. I cannot give you any further directions as I do not know
the software and camera you are using.

Regards
Michael

> Net  Meeting  with  PCTV  capture  card  and  Windows2000  shows  picture
> on  receiving end  upside  down

> Thanks

1. Video upside down on distant machine :-( the famous upside-down effect.

Hi,

I use netmeeting (latest 3388 version) with a pinnacle PCTV tv capture
board and a hi-8 camcorder. This gives good picture quality (but it's
big).

The problem is that my picture on the remote PC is upside down. But When
I monitor it on my screen it is correct. I've reinstalled many things,
netmeeting, video driver, bt848 capture drivers without success.

I know some people had the same problem but I didn't found an answer on
deja news (hmm, I mean google).

I guess it's just a simple parameter in the registry because when I
installed it on another partition for testing, it has worked for some
time but later the picture was upside down again.

Note that I use this capture board with other programs : many TV apps,
VirtualDub, Studio and never had this problem. It's only with Netmeeting.

Does anyone know a solution ?

(and yes, I put the camcorder upside down on my desk, but this is just a
temporary solution as I cant use a tripod with the camcorder upside down,
and my local monitor view is upside down too, because the upside down
effect only appears on the distant PC).

TIA.

--

2. cd writers and fatal exception messages.....

3. Why is my picture upside down in the recivers end?

4. Help! anti-Virus Program

5. Upside Down Video

6. Associations

7. Video Flicker & Upside Down