help on using pine with mh folders

Post by Eliot Shepa » Fri, 16 Dec 1994 08:46:51

can one of you experts give me a short synopsis of the changes i need
to make to my .pinerc to use pine with mh-style folders (folders are
directories and messages are individual files)?

also, what is the magic thing that makes a file a *pine* folder? is
there some invisible character at the beginning of the file and
between messages or something?

i'd prefer email replies (i'll summarize back to the group). thanks.

eliot

--

#include <std/disclaimer.h>     http://hea-www.harvard.edu/~eliot/eshepard.html
sharing a cigarette with a leper, a cigar with a leperette           -pitchfork

Post by Fern Dickma » Sun, 01 Jan 1995 01:15:30

> can one of you experts give me a short synopsis of the changes i need
> to make to my .pinerc to use pine with mh-style folders (folders are
> directories and messages are individual files)?

> also, what is the magic thing that makes a file a *pine* folder? is
> there some invisible character at the beginning of the file and
> between messages or something?

> i'd prefer email replies (i'll summarize back to the group). thanks.

> eliot

> --

> #include <std/disclaimer.h>     http://www.veryComputer.com/~eliot/eshepard.html
> sharing a cigarette with a leper, a cigar with a leperette           -pitchfork

Did you ever get an answer on this?

F.*man
Johns Hopkins University

1. Using MH folders w/ pine?

Hi folks,

        We have a lot of users who use mailers (e.g., xmh, exmh) that store
their messages in MH-style folders.  Is it possible to get pine to
(by default) store its messages in MH folders also?  If so, how?  This could
make life a lot simpler around here.

                                        Thanks in advance,
                                        Bryan
Bryan Wright                |"If you take cranberries and stew them like
Physics Department          | applesauce, they taste much more like prunes
University of Virginia      | than rhubarb does."  --  Groucho
Charlottesville, VA  22901  |

2. Another reason why *NOT* to get involved with M$

3. Help with netscape and imap using MH folders

4. Connecting Toshiba PCX1100 via USB port to Laptop

5. Using MH-style folders as incoming folders?

6. MSX 2+ Upgrade.

7. Converting MH folders into Pine folders?

8. Color Laser Recommendations?

9. convert pine folders to mh folders?

10. Using PC-Pine folders with Pine

11. elm folder --> mh folder --> elm folder

12. Using old MH folders?

13. using MH style folders