Pine 4.44 and Pushing pinerc to Courier IMAP

Pine 4.44 and Pushing pinerc to Courier IMAP

Post by OOL New » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 03:02:48

Greetings-

    I am trying to get pine ot push the config to the IMAP account. I can
currently use the account for reading and such with Pine. Login is not a
problem.

I run 'pine -copy_pinerc .pinerc {keebler.milanese.cc}remote_pinerc' and
it complains that the remote mailbox doesn't exist. 'Invalid Mailbox Name'

I create the Maildir 'remote_pinerc' and the same problem persists.

Anyone familiar with this?

Thanks

Post by Eduardo Chapp » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 03:39:55

:)     I am trying to get pine ot push the config to the IMAP account. I can
:) currently use the account for reading and such with Pine. Login is not a
:) problem.

There are several ways to do this. There are two new program "rpload" and
"rpdump" which allow you to do this (you are looking for rpload). These
programs are intended to be used by system administrators, though.

The easiest way to do this, is if you press M S Z, and answer the
questions that you are asked. One of them is to copy the pinerc file
to the imap server (you can also move your addressbook files).

Finally if you want to do it from the command line you just need to
execute:

pine -copy_pinerc ~/.pinerc '{your.imap.server}remote_pinerc'

I hope this helps.

--
Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/

Pine 4.44 and Pushing pinerc to Courier IMAP

Post by Nancy McGoug » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 03:56:27

Quote:> I run 'pine -copy_pinerc .pinerc {keebler.milanese.cc}remote_pinerc' and
> it complains that the remote mailbox doesn't exist. 'Invalid Mailbox Name'

Try

 pine -copy_pinerc .pinerc {keebler.milanese.cc}INBOX.remote_pinerc
                                                ^^^^^^
                                                Note this part!

If this doesn't work, let us know. I've done this in the past and
will experiment with it again if the above doesn't do the trick.

Nancy
 (partial to Umbox format myself because tools like Mailbag
  Assistant can play with them)

REFERENCE:
The message I'm replying to -- and this entire thread & group --
may be available at

--
ii Main Pine Page: <http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/pine/>

Nancy McGough           <http://www.ii.com/>           Infinite Ink
--= Sent via Pine 4.44: IMAP, NNTP & ESMTP for Unix/Win/MacOS X =--