One more whine with pine -- non-Search over Collection on Courier IMAP

One more whine with pine -- non-Search over Collection on Courier IMAP

Post by Matej Cep » Mon, 28 Jul 2003 23:58:45

Hi,

can you confirm me, that pine (4.44) is not able to do search (M
L <enter> ;) over collection when the collection is on Couerier
IMAP server (v. 1.4.3)? This is actually one of the features why
I was considering switching from mutt, so I am very much
interested whether I have any chance to make it work.

Thanks,

Matej Cepl

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej
GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

In political activity men sail a boundless and bottomless sea;
there is neither harbor for shelter nor floor for anchorage,
neither starting point nor appointed destination.
   -- Michael Oakeshott: Rationalism in Politics

1. IMAP:: Collections of Collections....

Hey folks...

Eudora & friends allow you to create a "folder" aka Collection which
then contain a set of folders.

Pine 3.96 sees these things as Collections within Collections, and it
seems to complain pretty good. (I think its trying to open a directory
as a file, causing all kinds of trouble).

Any patchwork or suggestions out there?
(Besides STATICALLY mapping each collection to a sub-collection)

Thanks,

    MikeE

2. ! CD-ROM PhoneBook(UK). HELP NEEDED !

3. How can I trasfer a full folder from one folder collection to another one ?

4. What will a flickerfixer fix?

5. PHP IMAP->Courier-IMAP problem: imap_expunge()

6. create sequence

7. Pine filters and Courier IMAP

8. pine4 and FreeBSD still

9. Maildir/ IMAP server (NOT Courier-IMAP)

10. Pine 4.44 and Pushing pinerc to Courier IMAP

11. Pine, remote courier IMAP server, generic client login

12. pine slower than mutt on local Courier IMAP?

13. IMAP folder collection names in pine 4, subscriptions