compose-rules like reply-rules

Post by Trevor Jenki » Fri, 30 May 2003 20:05:48

I have several reply-rules defined; they work fine. Now I want to have a
parallel set of compose-rules. basicall the same set of rules but with
_TO_ substituted for _FROM_/_ADDRESS_. But whatever I put in compose-rules
seems to be ignored. :-(

For example, I put in

I note that the help screen uses >> where I've put == in my rules. Doesn't
affectt the (non)function of the rule.

I've been through the on-line help, the offical web site, the unofficial
web sites, and search the google archive of this group. But without
finding any help on this problem.

Can I use compose-rules like this? If so, what should the rule look like
the "reply" string is inserted properly. If it does not work like this is
there a patch to make it work --- I couldn't see one on Eduardo Chappa's
site.

I'm using pine 4.44 with several of Eduardo's patches already installed,
especially those that adds functionality to reply-rules.

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!

1. Compose rule

Hello all,

Here's a silly question: I have a role setup so that my signature file
is different for news posts. Specifically, when I post to
comp.mail.pine, I would like a signature that includes a URL, but for
others, one that doesn't. I have the two separate signatures stored in
separate files.

Here is my Role for Pine:

News pattern = comp.mail.pine
Current Folder Type = News
Set Signature = .sig-pine

However, this Role is selected no matter what newsgroup I compose a
new message in. Is that normal? If so, then how do I get the behavior
I want ?

Gopi.

--
Gopi Sundaram

http://www.cse.sc.edu/~gopalan/Pine/

2. Acorn in the news - April Cuttings

3. Outlook Express Message Rules--Automatic Replies

4. VN (still out there?)

5. Reply leadin and rules

6. How do u play a soundtrack during a game?

7. Outlook Rules-Send auot reply

8. Technician Ted

9. REPLY TO: rules

10. Outlook 98 Corporate - Compose offline\send, or compose offline\reboot\send - which is it?

11. Compose or Reply Text Box of email

12. Compose and Reply Problems

13. Yahoo Mail -- Blank Compose Window on Reply