BUG? Addition of customized-hdrs while composing

BUG? Addition of customized-hdrs while composing

Post by Gopi Sundara » Sun, 16 Sep 2001 00:28:13

Hello all,

I tried this in Pine 4.33 on various Unix flavors. See if anyone else can
reproduce it:

(C)ompose a new message. ^O(Postpone), then (M)ain (S)etup (C)onfig, and
add something to customized-hdrs.

Now, (C)ompose, and resume the postponed message. (^R)ich Headers. The new
header that you just added doesn't appear in the headers list. If you
compose a new message however, the new header does appear in Rich headers.

I came across it when I posted a message, and wanted to set the followups,
but realized that I hadn't added that header to my list.

I see no reason why this should be the way it is. If it's not a bug, then
in my opinion, it is a misfeature. Comments?

--
Gopi Sundaram

http://www.cse.sc.edu/~gopalan/Pine/

BUG? Addition of customized-hdrs while composing

Post by Eduardo Chapp » Wed, 19 Sep 2001 03:09:26

[deleted]
:) I see no reason why this should be the way it is. If it's not a bug, then
:) in my opinion, it is a misfeature. Comments?

In my opinion it is intended behavior, because you are continuing
something that you had done before. What I think that you are really
asking for is the ability to add headers on the fly, a request that has
not been addressed in recent versions of Pine.

--
Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/

1. Commas in customized-hdrs

I'd like to be able to put header content into PINE's customized-hdrs area
that includes commas. The problem is that when PINE encounters a comma, it
assumes the next part is the next header. I can't quote the content without
breaking it, and my every attempt to get this to work has failed.

Is this possible?

--
Adam Bailey    | Chicago, Illinois

2. Messages - TCP or Raw IP

3. Question: Is "customized-hdrs" "Attchmnt" header possible?

4. USR Sportster

5. comma in customized-hdrs?

6. FP 2000 shared border java applet

7. customized-hdrs does not work ?

8. ATARI XL prototypes ?

9. Multiple Customized-Hdrs: Escape Char.

10. PCPine with customized-hdrs = From:

11. customized-hdrs, the real story!

12. HELP:How to enter a comma in customized-hdrs

13. Can't Customize Compose Headers