UW Imap mailbox to mbx format

Post by Kevin Haldema » Wed, 10 Jan 2001 05:19:36

I've got my imap-2000 installed and functioning, but now I've come to the
realization, that the mailbox file format just isn't going to cut it for our
current needs.  Right now I have sendmail dropping mail into the mailspool
directory, and the mail is being moved to the users home directory via the
mbox driver.  I've been reading the docs, and I came across the line in
there about how the mbox function will only work for the unix  mailbox
format.

Is there any way to have the mail transferred to the users home directory
and converted into mbx format so that users can share the accounts properly,
without moving away from sendmail?

Thanks,

Kevin Haldeman

UW Imap mailbox to mbx format

Post by Vic Abe » Wed, 10 Jan 2001 21:04:47

Quote:>...
>Is there any way to have the mail transferred to the users home directory
>and converted into mbx format so that users can share the accounts properly,
>without moving away from sendmail?

Declare tmail the local (Mlocal) delivery agent in the sendmail.cf
file.  Tmail is found in the imap-utils package and there's
documentation in the imap package on calling it from sendmail.cf
-- e.g.,

          A=tmail $u

Don't overlook mbxcvt in imap-utils, either.  It can be used to
convert all mail folder files to mbx format.  Pay attention, too,
to the mbx delivery rules, described in the imap package documentation.

Vic