lockup on close

Post by Cory Spit » Sat, 09 Jun 2001 10:56:13

I've tried posting this before.  Apparently, my setup does not work well
posting from work.  If this is a repeat, my apologies.

Well, a few days ago pine was having trouble with locking and I
would get the error that the lockdir didn't have the sticky bit
set.  My mail was also not being delivered to my inbox.  However,
I would receive messages in other folders that procmail had
sorted for me.  The IS folks here told me that the non
delivery was
due to my procmail filter (which I have used successfully for
months now).  Anyway, after disabling my procmail filter, my mail
was being delivered again.  Now however, after I use pine it
will hang on exit.  It will leave a .lock file for the folder it
opens.  Also, the ~/.pine-debug* file is usually zero length.
I've got a snipet below of what the file looks like on debug mode
9.  Other email readers function ok.  There is something fishy
going on here with
pine and my workstation.  Does anybody have a clue?  (I'm
assuming the procmail/locking/non-delivery problem is one in the
same).  Or, has anyone experienced this before?

I'm starting to take a look at the source now....

Thanks,
-Cory

from my workstation....

18:06:08
resume_busy_alarm

18:06:08
- completely_done_with_adrbks -

18:06:08
expunge and close mail stream "/data/email/saffron/spitzcor"

18:06:08
q_status_message(Closing "INBOX"...)

18:06:08
output_message(Closing "INBOX"...)

18:06:08
pine_close_stream: closing "/data/email/saffron/spitzcor"

18:06:08
Done with IMAP critical on /data/email/saffron/spitzcor

For compaison, I ran pine -d 9 on another workstation with this result
(SunOS 5.8 pine 4.30 with a completely different mail account)

19:25:22.518736
pine_close_stream: closing "/home/uw/spitzcor/mail/sent-mail"

19:25:22.520660
Done with IMAP critical on /home/uw/spitzcor/mail/sent-mail

19:25:22.669574
Done with IMAP critical on /home/uw/spitzcor/mail/sent-mail

19:25:22.672946
expunge and close mail stream "/var/mail/spitzcor"

19:25:22.674972
pine_close_stream: closing "/var/mail/spitzcor"

19:25:22.681503
end_screen called

19:25:22.684452
about to end_tty_driver

19:25:22.689737
end_signals(0)

19:25:22.691065
close_patterns(0x1f0010)

19:25:22.692386
close_patterns(0x1f0040)

1. Links in email lockup Outlook 6.0

To use Internet Explorer for URL links, Favorites (especially More Favorites), double-clicking
*.HTM files, etc., :
  - In Internet Explorer, check View (or Tools), (Internet) Options, Programs, and check the
box to make it the default browser (you may need to close and restart MSIE to take effect)

If the above doesn't help, see:
OE: Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Don't Start Browser
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q177/0/54.asp

OLEXP: Hyperlink With (!) in the Address Does Not Start Web Browser
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q249/6/13.asp

IE6 opens blank (empty) windows
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers2.htm#blank_windows

If you are using a Pop-up Ad blocker program, check its documentation to see if it is blocking
the opening of a new web browser and how to workaround that.

2. Telemate and Rodent..

3. Outlook 2002 Lockup

4. PINGing over CISCO Routers

5. Outlook Express Hyperlink Lockup

6. Default MBX format

7. Mail Lockup

8. TOS editor, anyone?

9. lockup

10. BUGFIX: problems with lockups on mouse movement

11. Video Lockups

12. Total Computer Lockup - NetMeeting 2 and 3