outlook express 6 - loading problem

Post by dr ashutosh jinda » Thu, 06 Mar 2003 13:32:50

am using a win 98 with IE6 and OE6
faced some problems with OE - like not being able to open
file attachments - tried loading OE6 again - error while
installation = extracting file failed.most likely low
memory ( low disk space for swapping file ) or corrupted
Cabinet file.

can not understand this since have enough dik space and
memory
any suggestions
thanks

outlook express 6 - loading problem

Post by Hal Hostetler [MVP DTS » Thu, 06 Mar 2003 15:11:18

The file attachment issue is really not an issue at all:

Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329570
OLEXP: Using Virus Protection Features in OLEXP 6
(OE removed access to the unsafe attachments in your email)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291387

The articles will tell you to go to 'Tools|Options|Security' and remove the
checkmark from the fourth box down, the one labeled "Do not allow
attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus."

For the re-install issue, this article might help:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=256219
OLEXP: How to Manually Uninstall and Reinstall Outlook Express 5.x and 6.0

Hal

KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   Channel 4
Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

Quote:> am using a win 98 with IE6 and OE6
> faced some problems with OE - like not being able to open
> file attachments - tried loading OE6 again - error while
> installation = extracting file failed.most likely low
> memory ( low disk space for swapping file ) or corrupted
> Cabinet file.

> can not understand this since have enough dik space and
> memory
> any suggestions
> thanks

1. Problems upgrading from Outlook Express 4 to Outlook Express 6

Hi
I have just updated a win 98 pc with Outlook express 4.0
to 6.0.  Luckily enough before I updated it, I backed up
all the mail folders.
When doing the backup I backed up all the mail box files
(*.mbx) I also realised that there are index files also to
be considered *.idx....  I backed both of these sets of
files up & copied them to a seperate backup folder.
I have since updated Internet explorer & Outlook Express
to version 6, but the old mail folders have been removed &
I cannot seem to be able to import for the location that I
have backed up to.
How do I get these mailboxes & their contents back?
Please get back to me as soon as you can
Thanx
Hubert

2. removing old aliases from menu

4. pictureviewer & play.exe?

5. Outlook Express - Message 'can't load file MSOE.DLL'

6. Run option from Start is missing

7. Outlook Express sometime wont load!

8. Exchange of graphic cards for Maya

9. How to load outlook express *.mbx files into version 5.0

10. Outlook Express Loads Very Slowly

11. outlook express won't load

12. Outlook express. and address book will not load

13. Slow loading Outlook Express 6