Quick Question

Post by John Pierc » Wed, 18 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Had Net Meeting 2.1  , prior to hard drive crashing ,,,,
Running  WiN95 B     ,,, this installs a copy of NetMeeting 2.0 , on my
system ,,
My Question
Do I remove existing NM , then re-install  NM2.1 ?
Or Can I install over top of NM2.0 ?
As well , I went to de-install existing NM 2.0 , from Add / remove programs
,, it was not listed ,
How would I remove it ?
TIA

Quick Question

Post by Wayne Farre » Wed, 18 Mar 1998 04:00:00

The readme file for Nm2.1 only states that old beta versions must be
uninstalled.

FWIW here's the uninstall info from the same readme file:

To uninstall Microsoft NetMeeting

1.In Control Panel, double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
2.On the Install/Uninstall tab, click Microsoft NetMeeting, and then click
Add/Remove Programs.
3.If a dialog box appears asking if you want to restart your computer,
click Yes.

-or-

1.In Control Panel, double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
2.On the Windows Setup tab, click Communications, and then click Details.
3.Clear the Microsoft NetMeeting check box.

You may have to use the alternate method since you state that nothing is
shown in the Add/Remove Program listing.

I presently have Nm 2.0 installed. It shows up on the Add/Remove listing
but not in the details of the Communications section.
--
Hope this helps,

Wayne Farrer
Remove 'nospam.' in address when replying.

Quote:> Had Net Meeting 2.1  , prior to hard drive crashing ,,,,
> Running  WiN95 B     ,,, this installs a copy of NetMeeting 2.0 , on my
> system ,,
> My Question
> Do I remove existing NM , then re-install  NM2.1 ?
> Or Can I install over top of NM2.0 ?
> As well , I went to de-install existing NM 2.0 , from Add / remove
programs
> ,, it was not listed ,
> How would I remove it ?
> TIA

Quick Question

Post by Danny Falko » Wed, 18 Mar 1998 04:00:00

just install over, u should be fine. :)

--
Danny Falkov
Intriguing Concepts Inc.
A Wise Man Once Said:
Fair is foul and
Foul is fair....
That man was W. Shakespeare;
AND HE WAS RIGHT!
=========================

>Had Net Meeting 2.1  , prior to hard drive crashing ,,,,
>Running  WiN95 B     ,,, this installs a copy of NetMeeting 2.0 , on my
>system ,,
>My Question
>Do I remove existing NM , then re-install  NM2.1 ?
>Or Can I install over top of NM2.0 ?
>As well , I went to de-install existing NM 2.0 , from Add / remove programs
>,, it was not listed ,
>How would I remove it ?
>TIA

1. Outlook Express----HELP ! (quick question)

I am getting this message when I use outlook express
It will not allow me to see the emails/content
Can someone tell me what I need to do to correct the
problem ?

Configuration:
   Protocol: HTTPMail
   Port: 0
   Secure(SSL): 0
   Code: 80004005

Thanks

cg

2. Immediate requirement for Oracle Apps functional--Manufacturing--IL

3. Quick question about "Profiles" in IMN

4. Can't read directory with //c internal floppy drive

5. Just one quick question on test

6. HP Deskjet 520 driver for Autocad 12

7. 1 Quick Question

8. Quest for HPFS system area info