CDO Message: setting a field value

Post by Eduardo Santan » Thu, 26 Apr 2001 02:57:12

Hi,
        I've been trying to set the CDO.Message's "Return-Path" field
value, without being successful... After setting de value and applying
an Update on the fields collection, the value is set. But when I send
the message and receive it, I look at the message source and the Return-
Path field is equal to the From field again. Am I doing something wrong
or this field in particular is read-only??

1. how to set the return path of Cdo.message

Hi,

I am using ASP3.0 + Vbscript. I am trying to set the cdo.message return path
to a different address than the from address. Any one have idea how can I
achieve this? The following is the code I used to do this. however as you
may know, it doesn't work.

Any suggestion will be apprecited.

<%
   fld2 = "urn:schemas:mailheader:return-receipt-to"
   fld1 =  "urn:schemas:mailheader:return-path"
    Set cdoMessage = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    With cdoMessage

        .Subject = "Sample CDO Message"
        .TextBody = "I tried many times already! it did't work!"
        .Send
    End With
    Set cdoMessage = Nothing
response.Write("this won't work! try again.")
%>

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Guoqi Zheng
Pampus 120
2036 TC, Haarlem
The Netherlands
Tel: 0647556397

2. VVM and multiple users?

3. HELP - Setting encoding of Message subject in CDO 2000 to windows-1251 (or koi8-r)

4. IOSTREAM woes --- help needed

5. Default value in Bcc: field - how?

6. Some Windows apps run, some don't, after accidental folder nuke

7. Opening the compose windows with 'to' and 'attachment' fields containing values

8. link from Access to MySQL

9. rules for rewriting the From value based on To:, Cc: and From: values?

10. How can I add a message to the appointment collection with CDO

11. overriding values set in .mailrc

12. how to change/set the Reply-to value

13. pine.conf.fixed is setting all values in 3.95