sendmail 8.6.8 fails on Linux ?

Post by Cal Pa » Tue, 22 Mar 1994 20:36:30

Hello,
        I am trying to setup sendmail 8.6.8 on Linux and
everything goes well until I try to send mail from the internet.
I get the followign message: Can someone tell me what is wrong?

        I have a SLIP line that connects from time to time.

        Also, is there a way to have sendmail queue mail that
is outgoing to the internet, when the SLIP line is not
connected? As it is now, it just returns an error saying
it can't connect to the host, and does not queue the request.

thanks,
Cal Page

This is a MIME-encapsulated message

--UAA04859.764194896/borax.mv.com

The original message was received at Sun, 20 Mar 1994 20:21:18 GMT
from mv.MV.COM [192.80.84.1]

   ----- The following addresses had delivery problems -----

553 borax.mv.com config error: mail loops back to myself

   ----- Original message follows -----

--

1. Sendmail fail's mail when DNS fails (Not really).

Hi,
We have a dial-up link that is causing us problems when
using sendmail, in that when any of our users send mail,
sendmail itself looks up the address in DNS to ensure it's
validity. Nothing wrong with this I agree, however, our problem
is that sometimes DNS fail's (i.e. our dialup link does not
come up) which causes sendmail to return the mail flagging
the address as invaild. Now I realise that this is not really a
problem with sendmail in itself; but it would be good if we could
tell sendmail "OK the lookup fail's --- but queue it anyway and give
up after about whatever timeout days".

Any one got any ideas?

Any help much appreciated.

Paul

2. Keyboards

3. moved /var in linux, not fetchmail fails

4. Test Only

5. REPOST: [Linux] fetchmail downloading fails for multipart/mixed messages

6. Help! 3link dead

7. Regex functions in R ruleset in linux fail

8. Pine 3.93 compiling fail under Linux 1.3.83

9. Linux: open_spool - lock failed

10. application-specific initialization failed: authentication failed

11. Getting indirectly failing aliases to fail at RCPT