wish list: separate compose from continue suspended composition

wish list: separate compose from continue suspended composition

Post by Jay Vassos-Libo » Thu, 31 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Here's an item for the PINE wish list - separate composition of a new
message from continuation of suspended composition of a message in
progress.

I routinely hit 'c' and immediately start typing the destination address,
forgetting that I had something suspended, so PINE eats my keystrokes
until I happen to hit an 'n' or a 'y'.

I'd prefer that 'c' to "compose" always start a new message, and that
to continue a suspended composition there be a separate non-conflicting
key.
--
Jay Vassos-Libove
Senior Software/Network Engineer             +1 (770) 552-0543 (home)

wish list: separate compose from continue suspended composition

Post by Timothy J. Luo » Fri, 01 Aug 1997 04:00:00

In

> Here's an item for the PINE wish list - separate composition of a new
> message from continuation of suspended composition of a message in
> progress.

> I routinely hit 'c' and immediately start typing the destination address,
> forgetting that I had something suspended, so PINE eats my keystrokes
> until I happen to hit an 'n' or a 'y'.

> I'd prefer that 'c' to "compose" always start a new message, and that
> to continue a suspended composition there be a separate non-conflicting
> key.

Well, except that if you forget you suspended an email message it is a nice
reminder.

As you say yourself, you had forgotten that you had suspended something.  I
do this too, and often quit pine entirely with the message still suspended.
Worst-case scenario I kept wondering why they were not getting back to me on
a message I never actually sent.

However I agree that it is at time very frustrating when you look up and see
'y or n' when you've been typing something..... I'm just not sure how to best
change the current feature.

What I would like to see:
        notice if I try to quit pine with a message suspended (of course you could
turn that off in preferences)
        notice if I start pine with a message suspended (which you could also turn
off).  Right now it only does
                this if the message was _interrupted_.

TjL

1. Continue interrupted composition message

When I type 'c' to compose a message, I get the following message:

Continue interrupted composition (answering "n" won't erase it)?

If I type 'y', I will get the following message:

[Empty folder, No messages really postponed!]

Has anyone seen this problem before?

2. Audio file format

3. composition window minimizes when I am composing email

4. Lucasfilm Games Mystery

5. mime-rt.el - Richtext composition aide for mime-compose.el

6. 16Mbyte for VS2000

7. Suspend / resume a compose in IMN?

8. Canon Multipass L6000 - paper jam

9. Separate .newsrcs for separate newsservers, again

10. Outlook Express Wish List

11. Something to add to Wish List

12. wish list for version 5

13. Eudora 4.0 Wish List