Cyrus IMAP and Mysql

Post by no!sp » Sun, 27 Jul 2003 00:08:51

I am about set up IMPA mail server. Is there any
advantages to having it authenticate against a Mysql DB

1. cyrus-imap 1.6.24 & MySQL

Files: Cyrus-sasl-1.5.21-8
         Cyrus-imap-1.6.24
         MySQL-3.22.32 (authenticates Cyrus mail users).
OS:   Redhat 6.2

I've been having a large number of problems setting up getting my Cyrus
installation
up and running.  Once up and running, user will be authenticated against a
MySQL database instead of creating individual userid's. As part of the
process, I've run test logins with Cyrus-imap and have had no success so
far.  Over the past 4 days I've tried numerous installations (following the
official HOWTO documentation and
other documentation from mailing lists) including tar's and rpm's (from
www.hazard.maks.net).  The issue seems to be an installation problem with
pwcheck...

Can someone advise of installation procedure that has worked for work them
please ?

Much appreciated.

Patrick

2. Two Bookmark lists in Netscape

3. Cyrus-Imap and MySQL

4. Help setting up webserver behind SMC Barricade Router

5. Postfix/Cyrus/MySQL

6. gcc & gpp updated

7. Cyrus - SASL - PAM - MySQL authentication woes

8. HELP: Strange problem with Might & Magic IV

9. Cyrus, SASL & Mysql (HELP!)

10. Cyrus + SASL + Mysql

11. MySQL, Cyrus-Imapd installation issue

12. cyrus and mysql

13. how to install cyrus mysql password patch ??