Queing mail for an offsite mail server.

Post by Monroe Ballar » Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I am looking for a way to set up our sendmail server to accept mail for
a server that is down at another location.  And then once that server is
back online, I want all the mail that we qued forwarded to the correct
mail server.

Queing mail for an offsite mail server.

Post by Reiner Kelle » Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

: I am looking for a way to set up our sendmail server to accept mail for
: a server that is down at another location.  And then once that server is
: back online, I want all the mail that we qued forwarded to the correct
: mail server.

has the dialup-server a dynamic or resistance ip ?

Reiner
--
...als das E-Plus-Netz geplant wurde, schaute man sich
ein Fischernetz an, und stellte freudig fest, dass es

Queing mail for an offsite mail server.

Post by sans.. » Sat, 02 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Try netMailshar from
           http://www.pppindia.com/intl/netmailshar
Shri

In article

Quote:> I am looking for a way to set up our sendmail server to accept mail
for
> a server that is down at another location.  And then once that server
is
> back online, I want all the mail that we qued forwarded to the correct
> mail server.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Claus Assma » Sat, 02 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> I am looking for a way to set up our sendmail server to accept mail for
> a server that is down at another location.  And then once that server is
> back online, I want all the mail that we qued forwarded to the correct
> mail server.

See:

http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/more.html
--
Information about sendmail:
http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/misc.html

1. can't mail to virtual domain's off-site mail server

Hi all,

I host a virtual domain that wants to use an off-site mail server.

The problem is: Mail originating from this physical host to

fails if not -- it never tries the remote mail server.

Mail from outside this physical host gets delivered to the remote mail
server correctly.

I entered the following in the my_virt_domain.com DNS as prescribed by the
other mail server:

my_virt_domain.com.   IN   MX 0 sitemail.everyone.net.
freemail.my_virt_domain.com.   IN   CNAME siteurl.everyone.net.

I've removed my_virt_domain.com from:
 /etc/sendmail.cw, /etc/mail/virtusertable, /etc/mail/access, /etc/aliases;
restarted sendmail

Still it delivers locally.

I'm wondering if sendmail is looking up the IP to see if it is local, then
since my_virt_domain.com and localhost share the same MAC address, it
delivers locally.

Or is it something else entirely.

TIA
--

Jerry O'Brien
Network Administrator,

2. BRI to call PRI with RADIUS authentication?

3. Use Sendmail for an Off-site mail server to connect to ISP's sendmail server

4. Nothing seems to change

5. Offsite mail server!

6. What is a good programming pratice for this ?

7. Secondary mail server non queing for local domain

8. GRANT

9. HELP !!! POP server mail que problem HELP !!!

10. Forwarding mail offsite

11. Local mail goes to unknow offsite machine???

12. Does DG/UX require sendmail to mail off-site?

13. How to block offsite mail for a user?