Outlook express 6.0 update / address book to vanish.

Outlook express 6.0 update / address book to vanish.

Post by Edgard » Thu, 03 Jan 2002 03:52:45

As of December 29th, 2001, I initialized a Windows update,
and dowloaded the emergency bundle recomended. At the
completion of the download, a message window appeared that
asked if I wished to update my Outlook express to ver.
6.0. I already had ver. 6.0 and I assumed that the update
would conduct the same function; of finding any missing or
corrupted files and recommend a bundle to download. To my
discontent, my address book has now vanished (with over
400 contacts!!) and no apparent change has occured to my
outlook properties. PLEASE HELP!!! I need to find where my
address book has moved to and how to recover it.
                  Thank you,
                           Edgardo Avero

Outlook express 6.0 update / address book to vanish.

Post by Michael Santove » Thu, 03 Jan 2002 09:36:01

Backing Up, Recovering and Restoring OE5/6 Files and Settings
http://chattanooga.net/~scochran/backup.htm
http://www.tomsterdam.com/olexp/backup/

For Outlook Express 6 use this newsgroup:
okexpress

You will find out information about issues affecting Outlook Express 5/6 at:
http://chattanooga.net/~scochran/oe5faq.htm
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm
http://members.home.net/jlpick99/oe.htm
http://www.tomsterdam.com/insideoe5