Redirect user@domain to user@ourdomain

Post by James Deibe » Wed, 23 Mar 1994 07:58:05

We're using smail 3.1.28.

system.  A lot of small "net-aware" companies would like to have their
own domain that they could put on their business cards but actually
have one person pick up mail as an ordinary dialup or SLIP user.

We don't care about outgoing mail.

We have tried adding "some.domain name" to forcepaths and it's not
working so well.

Even though it's just one person receiving mail, they want the

I've been told "it's easy in sendmail".  I would prefer to stick with
smail.  Any suggestions on how to do this?

1. Redirecting ALL mail for a domain, to one user a/c on another domain.

Hi.

I've been having some fun with some mail and domain aliasing. It sort of seems
to work, but I think that there should be a better way of doing it.

Maybee someone who has more experience with Sendmail (SunOs 4.1.3 version)
can quickly point out the best/easiest way of acheiving what I want. If it's
in a FAQ of any description, a pointer to location would be appreciated.

Basically, it boils down to this. I want (for example) all mail that is to be

Now setting up the DNS mx record for their.mail.domain to point to
my.mail.machine is not a problem.

Now, to convince sendmail to accept all mail for their.mail.domain, and send

At present I am acheiving this with rules in Ruleset 3, like

This seems to work, but only with a frozen configuration (Not sure why this
would be the case!)

Does anyone have a better way of doing it?

Cheers -
Steve Lang

2. help

3. subdomain user to main domain user thru SENDMAIL = unknow user??!!

4. 35mm slidemaker--recommendations?

5. redirecting mail for unknown users to a local user

6. Cosmo Compress board

7. changing FROM: user@host.domain.com --> FROM: user@domain.com

8. IRC CHAT: Next SATURDAY

9. Mail to: user@domain instead of user@host.domain fails