How to purge queue

Post by Paolo Ner » Thu, 18 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Can I remove all files in /var/spool/mqueue in order to cancel my queue
without sending all the messages?

Thanks in advance for your help

How to purge queue

Post by Michael Ziege » Wed, 24 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> Can I remove all files in /var/spool/mqueue in order to cancel my queue
> without sending all the messages?

Yes. But you should stop sendmail before doing that.

mike

1. Sometimes... "purge" doesn't purge....

The message below, posted to the MS Internet Explorer newsgroup,
seems to indicate a possible temporary fix to the deletion
problems I found posted here (messages get marked for deletion
but not expunged):

I tested the instructions above, and they do work.  So that's
a temporary fix for some users.  But the exact same
problem also happens to my users in Netscape, and via IMP
(a web-based IMAP client).  Something strange happens on
the IMAP server when a client copies a message to a folder.
It appears to me that it locks the inbox temporarily, keeping
further actions form performing deletes.  Quiting and restarting
always fixes the problem.

I've tested the IMAP servers versions 4.5-4.7, and they all do it.
Can anyone help?

Noel

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. help::::load balancing

3. How do I purge the Mail Queue?

4. Account default settings

5. can the queue be purged? it should...

6. User Accounts

7. purging the queue?

8. how can I identify if I have a hardware conflict

9. QUEUE mails for selected domains into separated queue

10. Backup Mail server queues (without queue runs)

11. multiple queues and # of queue-runners

12. exim-queue-remover: easier way to remove mails from the exim queue

13. stat=queued? Why does it always queue?