1. relay allowing *.com in 8.9.1a?
I've been working with relay stuff for a bit now (as I guess we all
have!), and have stumbled onto an interesting thing with my 8.9.1a
It's always allowing relays from *.com, although .com is not in
relay-domains (well, not on its own anyway :) ). It prevents
relaying from *.org, *.au etc etc, just *.com always gets through.
There's .org sites in my cw, relay-domain and virtusertable,
just like the .com ones.
I don't think I explained that very well.
If I telnet in to the box from anywhere (say for example my
home machine, in .au), and do the following this is what happens :
But not only am I coming in from a remote node that is in a
different TLD, but there's no foo.com or bar.com in any MX
records, virtusertable, CW records etc on that server. We'll
get ORBS'd! (or worse, used as a spam relay again!). It seems to
do the same thing for anything that's a valid .com domain.
A similar test but substituting org for com works as expected
My config has the following options defined :
VERSIONID(`$Id: test.mc,v 1.6 1998/11/07 21:31:13 carl Exp carl $')
FEATURE(virtusertable, dbm /etc/mail/virtusertable)dnl
Has anyone else seen this behaviour before? It's a SunOS 4.1.4
machine running resolv+2.11 for DNS in libc, and it appears to
work just fine for everything else. I can't find anything
in the FAQ about it, nor on Claus's webpages (but I may have
2. IBM owes me money, anyone else ?
3. Allowing Relaying in 8.9
4. Problem identifying window
5. Sendmail: Allowing relay for select users
6. Amortized cost per page: Laser or inkjet?
7. multi domain relay hub ver 8.9 or 8.10 on Linux
8. Hoovering over combobox, devenv looping ?
9. 8.9 woes (BROKEN_RES_SEARCH, relay-domains, MAIL_HUB rewriting)
10. Why is Smart Relay in Sendmail 8.9.X different from Sendmail SMI-8.6/SMI-SVR4
11. Allowing select remote users to relay
12. Allowing users to select the domain