spell check won't check spell

Post by Michael Santove » Fri, 15 Feb 2002 08:47:44

Spell Checker or Custom Dictionary Errors
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q178/2/38.asp

OLEXP: Spelling Checker Canceled if VB 6 or Access 97 Running
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q282/8/07.asp

OLEXP: Err Msg: An Error Occurred While the Spelling Was ...
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q253/3/51.asp

For further help

Use the following newsgroup for questions or problems with OE6
okexpress

You will find out information about issues affecting Outlook Express 5/6 at:
http://chattanooga.net/~scochran/oe5faq.htm
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm
http://home.attbi.com/~jimpickering/
http://www.tomsterdam.com/insideoe5

>I have Outlook 6 running on Windows XP Home Edition.
>Everytime I try to check spelling, I get a message that
>says"spell check was halted, would you like to continue?"
>I click on yes and it just sends the mail. Any idea's?
>Thanks,

1. My spell check won't work as well, and I've tried everything!!

I can't get my spell check to work. The tab is not present in the Options
menu and the option is greyed out in the new message window. I have
collected quite a bit of information about the problem, but nothing works.
I have Office 95 installed; all the proofing tools are operational. I have
looked at Microsoft's article number Q154878, "Troubleshooting Spell
Checking" The dictionary and engine files are present for American and
British. I looked for the SpellLangID value in the Registry Editor. It was
missing so I added the American value but this didn't work. Should the
value be binary or hexadecimal? Is the problem caused by the language for
Mail being Western European? I'm very frustrated and have been reduced to
composing E-mail in Word before pasting it into Internet Mail. Any ideas?
Thanks!!

2. DSP 56001 User Manual

3. Spell check won't work in email Windows XP Pro

4. Parse requests

5. Spell check won't work...

6. DCE/DTE setup

7. Outlook Express v6 won't spell check

8. Help Please- SMS Executive is Dead!

9. Spell check not availabel in Win. XP

10. Internet Mail Spell Check - Win 3.11

11. spell check doesn't work for email???

12. Spell Checked doesn't work

13. Outlook Express 6 - Spell Check doesn't work