Rewriting "from" based on "to" address ( not a newbie question )

Rewriting "from" based on "to" address ( not a newbie question )

Post by jaso » Mon, 17 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi Folks,

    I'm trying to rewrite the From: address based on the To: address within
sendmail.cf, but with litlle success ( for obviouos reasons ).
I have tried several approaches including multiple mailer definitions, and
sub-calling recipient rulesets within the sender ruleset.

Neither approach is successful in what I am trying to achieve. Can anyone
share any thoughts/ideas.

Essentially I'm trying to create an if-then-else type of query within
sendmail.cf  i.e :-

    if recipient domain = abc.domain.net then sender appears to come from
123.domain.net
else if recipient domain = xyz.domain.net then sender appers to come from
456.domian.net

etc etc.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

regards
jason

Post by Claus Assman » Mon, 17 Jan 2000 04:00:00

>     I'm trying to rewrite the From: address based on the To: address within
> sendmail.cf, but with litlle success ( for obviouos reasons ).

See:
http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/lfaq.html
for a simple proposal.
--
If you feel the urgent wish to send me a courtesy copy of a Usenet
posting, then make sure it's recognizable as such!

1. Pine 4.31, "Setup", "Config", ..., "?" gives "Illegal instruction"

Start PINE.
"S" for "Setup".
"C" for "Config".

Scroll down to "try-alternative-authentication-driver-first, and press
"?"
Now, scroll down TWO more to "use-subshell-for-suspend" and try "?"
Now... scroll up ONE to "use-current-dir" and try "?"

Bang.

You're back to the shell. Comments?

2. Unable to initialize Windows Sockets

3. "@" in outgoing address changing to "-" or "#"

4. What is A*?

5. Rewriting "From:" but not "From "

6. excell--IF question

7. outlook Express "View" ""COLUMNS""

8. Quotas on 3100's

9. "From:" Adresses based on "To:" in Reply Emails

10. Rewriting unqualified names in "To:" & "Cc:" headers

11. Rewriting "From:" "Return-Path" (Please Help)

12. rewriting "From:" and/or inserting "Reply-To:"

13. CDONTS with multiple "To" and "Cc" Addresses