How Do I Tell Who is the Process Owner of a Script file Called by smrsh so I can set File Permissions

How Do I Tell Who is the Process Owner of a Script file Called by smrsh so I can set File Permissions

Post by Dave Darde » Sat, 27 Jul 2002 07:19:11

smrsh to a PHP shell script file for execution.  The script works fine when
it is world readable.  I want to make it group readable or user-only
readable because it contains MySQL database login/pwd information.  I can
set the file's owner and group to any user, and it will run fine with 755
permission, but as soon as I set it to something other than world readable
it does not work and generates a bounce, with a "smrsh: unsubscribe.php not
available for sendmail programs" error message.  How do I tell what user to
set as the owner of the script file so I can set it with 750 or 700
permission?    I have a standard 7.2 Red Hat installation for all the
pieces.
TIA, Dave

How Do I Tell Who is the Process Owner of a Script file Called by smrsh so I can set File Permissions

Post by Dave Darde » Sat, 27 Jul 2002 08:40:23

through
> smrsh to a PHP shell script file for execution.  The script works fine
when
> it is world readable.  I want to make it group readable or user-only
> readable because it contains MySQL database login/pwd information.  I can
> set the file's owner and group to any user, and it will run fine with 755
> permission, but as soon as I set it to something other than world readable
> it does not work and generates a bounce, with a "smrsh: unsubscribe.php
not
> available for sendmail programs" error message.  How do I tell what user
> set as the owner of the script file so I can set it with 750 or 700
> permission?    I have a standard 7.2 Red Hat installation for all the
> pieces.
> TIA, Dave

Nevermind -- I found it.
It is the "DefaultUser" setting in the configuration file.
Per the docs (the SIOG), that sets the userid for mailers, which in this
case must be smrsh.
Mine was set to mail:mail in RedHat.
When I set the file to that user:group I can restrict permissions and it
works fine.
RTFM,  Dave

1. File owner and file mode setup help .

Hei,
        I install sendmail 8.6.9 in our solaris 2.3 . I find the problem
        of receive mail in /var/mail . The received mail in the directory
        have the mode of 660 , and owner "bin" . Well ,what error setup
        I may have ? Could any kind soul help me ?
        ThanX:)

2. Log-in problems at a Domain Controller

3. Local mail delivery sets wrong owner on user's files in /usr/mail

4. II Alive

5. /etc/smrsh script permissions?

6. win32 compile for sed

7. Correct permissions for files written by Perl scripts invoked for aliases

8. DFS ROOT

9. Can you tell Mail where to set up it's files?

10. can't process .mc file, make: Nothing to be done

11. who sets permissions for spool files?

12. Re-setting a file as a .dbx file type

13. Any one have a script for doing nym server set up in Mutt?