locating E-Mails within Outlook Express ver 6.0

locating E-Mails within Outlook Express ver 6.0

Post by Martin Shakeshaf » Wed, 21 May 2003 00:39:39

Following a recent Virus Infection I have had to replace
my Original C:Drive MAster with a new Hard Disk. I have
virus scanned the infected disk which is now used as a
Back-up Drive D:

I have re-installed Outlook Express ver 6.0 on the New C:
Drive and set up both Norton Anti-virus and Firewall.
Broadband Internet re-installed and Ethernet PCI Network
CArd configured under Win 98 SE.

I need a Quick-fix solution to either recover or Import my
old E-MAil Messages from the Original Program Installation
on the D: Drive to the new Installation on the C: Drive
any assistance in this matter most appreciated.

P.S. I have recovered the Windows Address Book from the
old Windows /Application Data / Microsoft Directory this
is a .wab file

Many thanks in advance

locating E-Mails within Outlook Express ver 6.0

Post by mac » Wed, 21 May 2003 00:42:59

Quote:

> Following a recent Virus Infection I have had to replace
> my Original C:Drive MAster with a new Hard Disk. I have
> virus scanned the infected disk which is now used as a
> Back-up Drive D:

> I have re-installed Outlook Express ver 6.0 on the New C:
> Drive and set up both Norton Anti-virus and Firewall.
> Broadband Internet re-installed and Ethernet PCI Network
> CArd configured under Win 98 SE.

> I need a Quick-fix solution to either recover or Import my
> old E-MAil Messages from the Original Program Installation
> on the D: Drive to the new Installation on the C: Drive
> any assistance in this matter most appreciated.

> P.S. I have recovered the Windows Address Book from the
> old Windows /Application Data / Microsoft Directory this
> is a .wab file

> Many thanks in advance

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm

---
Outgoing mail has been

1. Outlook Express ver 6 vs. ver. 5

Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Ver. 5 Outlook Express when an email was open, the urls
are highlighted and clickable. To click on one and open it
in another window the "trick" was  shift+click on url.
This forced open another window. A very useful option.

Ver. 6 the urls are highlighted and clickable. The "trick"
does not work.

Question:  Has anyone found a way to force open a new
window in Ver. 6 when clicking on urls in emails?

Thank you.
Don Wilson

2. misc.invest.canada

3. Moving Outlook Express 5.5 mail folders from one computer to Outlook Express 6.0

4. Info wanted on MicroBuffer MII+ by Practical Peripherals

5. Outlook Express not locating email folders

6. How to evaluate the accuracy of ADC

7. No email within IE 6.0

8. w2k thru to nt domain and proxy server

9. Programming Outlook Express 6.0 to ONLY E-mails from specific users

10. How to read my old Outlook Express 5.5 E-mail's in 6.0

11. Outlook Express 6.0 and e-mails

12. Outlook Express 6.0 - Problem Sending Email

13. Outlook Express 6.0 can not send emails