Setting a mailbox to show "To" rather than "From"

Setting a mailbox to show "To" rather than "From"

Post by zoar » Mon, 10 Jun 2002 04:04:58

Hi,

I've got an IMAP mailbox that stores all my sent items. I'd like it to
display who the message was To rather than who it was From in the Who
column. How do I do this?

5.1.1b23 (soon to be the new release) on OSX 10.1.5

        -z-

--
The devil may have the best tunes, but his operating system sucks.

Post by Matt » Thu, 13 Jun 2002 00:45:37

> Hi,

> I've got an IMAP mailbox that stores all my sent items. I'd like it to
> display who the message was To rather than who it was From in the Who
> column. How do I do this?

> 5.1.1b23 (soon to be the new release) on OSX 10.1.5

Eudora should already be doing this. What happens when you transfer a
sent message to an IMAP mailbox?

Matt

Post by zoar » Wed, 19 Jun 2002 05:57:34

> > Hi,

> > I've got an IMAP mailbox that stores all my sent items. I'd like it to
> > display who the message was To rather than who it was From in the Who
> > column. How do I do this?

> > 5.1.1b23 (soon to be the new release) on OSX 10.1.5

> Eudora should already be doing this. What happens when you transfer a
> sent message to an IMAP mailbox?

Bingo!

Thanks. I wanted to get the display sorted *before* transferring the
mail into the IMAP box. Guess I was doing things topsy turvey.

Thanks again!

        -z-

--
The devil may have the best tunes, but his operating system sucks.

1. Setting a mailbox to show "to" rather than "from"

Hi,

data point: Eudora 5.1.1b23 / OSX (I'll get around to updating once I've
fixed this little doozy)

I have a couple of mailboxes - on an IMAP account - which are full of
messages I have sent. Eudora just displays my name, ie it is displaying
the From: rather than the To: of each message.

How do I set these mailboxes to display To: rather than From:?

I asked this a little while ago and followed some advice ('drag a sent
message to the mailbox') which seemed to work, but it doesn't seem to
work any more. All that happens is that the dragged messages display To:
in the mailbox and the rest of the messages continue to display From:

I'm guessing that Eudora decides whether to display to: or From: based
on the headers of the mail? I've noticed Eudora headers are more
cut-down in the out box than the in box. The messages that are
displaying badly are those that I sent independently of Eudora (it's
actually the webmail access for my account).

Any help appreciated.

        -z-

--
"Transparent menus are not as clear as opaque menus."
        - a point well made on a Mac website feedback forum.

2. NAT 2 different subnets through 2620

3. Pine 4.31, "Setup", "Config", ..., "?" gives "Illegal instruction"

4. CASE Tool Selection

5. "to" rather than "from" in index

6. Dave Haynie leaves Commodore

7. "@" in outgoing address changing to "-" or "#"

8. Win98 Installation

9. outlook Express "View" ""COLUMNS""

10. How to suppress mail header elements in "show", "repl", etc?

11. maillog - he shows me the "from" but no "to"

12. indexes show "from:" instead of "to:"

13. Converting "." to "_" for username->mailbox name