Default mbx folder format for Unix

Post by Lowe » Tue, 10 Nov 1998 04:00:00

How might I get my UW imap server to default to mbx format for new folders?
The warnings about using .imaprc scared me and I have not seen a source code
change that will get me what I want.

Thanks,

Dave

--
The Lowes

Post by Vic Abe » Wed, 11 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>How might I get my UW imap server to default to mbx format for new folders?
>The warnings about using .imaprc scared me and I have not seen a source code
>change that will get me what I want.

For me, setting the default format to mbx is a Makefile change,
applied before building imapd.  I usually apply the change to the
top level Makefile and to the Makefile in osdep/unix.

Here's the top-level diff I use for imap-4.4.BETA:

77c77
< EXTRACFLAGS=
---

Quote:> EXTRACFLAGS=-DSTDPROTO=mbxproto

And here's the change for src/osdep/unix I use, including the
addition of STDPROTO to its nxt stanza:

71c71
< STDPROTO=unixproto
---

Quote:> STDPROTO=mbxproto

353c353,354
<        BASECFLAGS="-g -O -pipe -DNFSKLUDGE"
---

Quote:>        BASECFLAGS="-g -O -pipe -DNFSKLUDGE" \
>       STDPROTO=mbxproto

1. Pine 4.20 and Default To MBX Format

Hello,

I posted the following message a few days ago with no response.  So, I am
trying again.

Hello,

I am going to compile Pine 4.20.  But I want it to default to MBX
format for creating new mailboxes.  Where do I configure that?  I
already have Imap configured that way.

Also, I am using Imap 4.6 Beta.  What version of Imap is included with
Pine 4.20?

Thanks,
Jeff

--

2. REQ: Cheap, Small sampler.

3. Default MBX format

4. Mexican Service/Access Codes

5. Default Mailbox to MBX format

6. Printing an equation as text on a plot

7. convert from unix mbox to mbx format?

8. ODBC driver for V3R2

9. Converting Email UNIX folders to MSMail import folder format

10. Unix MBX Mailbox format

11. local folders in .mbx format

12. Pine 4.02 and default Tenex mail folder format?

13. mbox format folders & non-Unix mailers