old problem - Cannot resolve your domain name

old problem - Cannot resolve your domain name

Post by Peter Honk » Thu, 18 Oct 2001 00:09:57

hi,

in the sendmail.cf  i have set masquerade to:
DMmail.mydomain.de

in case my apache tries to send an email with
sendmail, everything works fine (X-Envelope-From:

but when i try to forward mails from pine all mails
i try to deliver to gmx.de comes back with the following
error message:
... while talking to mx0.gmx.de.:
<<< 552 {mx010-rz3} Cannot resolve your domain - ungueltiger Domain-Name in
Adresse

today i have read all deja.com articels about this theme and
tried different options - as you see without success.

i know you probable posted a lot about that, but would
somebody be so kind to give me a hint ?

regards
peter honka

Post by Paul Le » Thu, 18 Oct 2001 00:59:28

> hi,

> in the sendmail.cf  i have set masquerade to:
> DMmail.mydomain.de

> in case my apache tries to send an email with
> sendmail, everything works fine (X-Envelope-From:

> but when i try to forward mails from pine all mails
> i try to deliver to gmx.de comes back with the following
> error message:
> ... while talking to mx0.gmx.de.:

><<< 552 {mx010-rz3} Cannot resolve your domain - ungueltiger Domain-Name in
> Adresse

> today i have read all deja.com articels about this theme and
> tried different options - as you see without success.

> i know you probable posted a lot about that, but would
> somebody be so kind to give me a hint ?

> regards
> peter honka

Tried including the user name(s) and the "real id(s)'" in the
genericstable in "/etc/mail"?  Then do "make" in the /etc/mail directory.
Think that's how I got around the "forward" problem.

My problem now is "all of a sudden" I am not able to use the "bounce"
feature in Pine; the only thing I can think of is that it is now a "relay"
problem which I don't want to do....the error is that my local domain-name
is not a "real domain" and cannot be "found"...

old problem - Cannot resolve your domain name

Post by Peter Honk » Thu, 18 Oct 2001 23:26:40

hi paul,

thxs for your answer.

"Paul Lew"

Quote:> Tried including the user name(s) and the "real id(s)'" in the
> genericstable in "/etc/mail"?  Then do "make" in the /etc/mail directory.
> Think that's how I got around the "forward" problem.

i have tried to add the following line into my /etc/mail/genericstable:

and then restarted sendmail. the mail still bounce - i the hell dont
know why.

<<< 552 {mx029-rz3} Cannot resolve your domain - ungueltiger Domain-Name in
Adresse

this genericstable seems to be activated in sendmail.cf:
# Generics table (mapping outgoing addresses)
Kgenerics hash -o /etc/mail/genericstable.db

more suggestens ?

regards
peter honka

1. SMTP cannot resolve my domain name

I just adjusted our Solaris 2.51 sendmail to receive email for another
domain.My old sendmail configration is:
Lmmaildomain
Dj$w.$m
And I changed it like following:
Lmmaildomain
Cwmydomain.com anotherdomain.com
Dj$w
And I also tried to change Cw item to be:
Cwhostname.mydomain.com hostname.anotherdomain.com
But both above I failed. The error report is "the mail loops back to
myself."
So I have to give up,and changed the sendmail configration to as same as the
old. But when I reboot the machine,en error ocurr,it said:"SMTP can't
resolve your domain name".
Are there anybody can help me? What happens and how I solve it? And how can
I manage it to receive email for another domain to use Solaris 2.51?

Thanks in advance

                                      Mike

2. Invalid Page fault in module Mailnews.dll

3. problem resolving domain names

4. Kerberos telnet and today's telnet vulnerability announcement

5. problem in resolving domain names

6. Intercepting ContextHelp

7. Handling old domain name in the new doamin name

8. Cannot resolve IP addresses with named daemon running.

9. Cannot resolve host name for outgoing mail

10. check_mail cannot resolve hostnames, but they resolve

11. cannot resolve sender domain

12. Cannot resolve your domain - Error