Default Mailbox to MBX format

Post by Jeff Grossma » Mon, 20 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I am using UofW IMAP, and occasionally use Pine.  I would like to make
sure that when I create a folder from an IMAP client or from Pine, it
will create it as an MBX format folder.  How do I go about doing this?

Also, I went and changed my Inbox and folders to MBX format using the
mbxcvt program in the UofW imap tools.  But, how do I know if they are
really in mbx format?  Is there a program I can run to tell me what
format the mailbox is in?

I mainly use Microsoft Outlook 2000 as my mail client.  I set up my
account to connect via IMAP.  I used to get the program to tell me
that the Imap connection has unexpectedly quit.  I was under the
impression this was because of the mbox failure to do multiple
read/write operations, so I switched to mbx format.  But, I still
occasionally get the error message.  Does anybody know why?

Thanks,
Jeff
---