Leave a message in server for Outlook new version

Leave a message in server for Outlook new version

Post by Subin I » Wed, 05 Feb 2003 16:12:18

Hi,
I am trying to set up Outlook email on my new machine.
Since I have pop server for my account, I would like to
leave messages on server to access them from my work and
home.  I know that Outlook Express has an option to leave
messages in server.  Can I find the similar options in
Outlook?  Thank you.

Subin Im

Leave a message in server for Outlook new version

Post by Hal Hostetler [MVP DTS » Wed, 05 Feb 2003 17:21:09

I'm using Outlook 2000 in Corporate/Workgroup mode and the path for option
is 'Tools|Services|Internet E-mail|Properties|Advanced tab'

Hal

KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   Channel 4
Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

Quote:> Hi,
> I am trying to set up Outlook email on my new machine.
> Since I have pop server for my account, I would like to
> leave messages on server to access them from my work and
> home.  I know that Outlook Express has an option to leave
> messages in server.  Can I find the similar options in
> Outlook?  Thank you.

> Subin Im

1. leave message at server on Outlook Express 6

I use the same account to access my email on my desktop
and laptop. My laptop (Windows XP/Outlook Express 6)
downloads the messages but leaves the same messages at
the server, which forces me to download the same messages
on my desktop. This is a royal pain but I cannot find the
option to change this on Outlook Express 6 (I know where
it is in Outlook Express 5, but it's not there in #6).
Thank you.

2. ulimit in ksh, why the change?

3. leave a copy of messages on server Outlook 2000

4. Kana Fonts For Psion Available?

5. How to leave a copy of a message on server with OUTLOOK

6. Pointer to Mail Archive Servers FAQ

7. Leave message on Server and Outlook

8. Atari 8bit Games Wanted

9. Leaving messages on the server with Outlook Express

10. Outlook 97-how do i leave messages on server

11. How to get Outlook to download headers only, and to leave message on server after reading

12. TeleCon Report: new headset, new whiteboard, new multipoint server, new H.323 to H.320 gateways

13. Leave the mails on server after Outlook Express receive them