To: = From: How to Block?

Post by Rob Zimmerm » Thu, 18 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Many of the spams received by my clients are BCC'd  were the To: field
= the From: field. Is their a rule set that can be used to bounce this
with a nice message attached.

My apologies if this is a common question. I havent seen it.

Rob Zimmerman
------
System Admin; ReadySite
ReadySite.net

To: = From: How to Block?

Post by W. Reilly Coole » Fri, 19 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> Many of the spams received by my clients are BCC'd  were the To: field
> = the From: field. Is their a rule set that can be used to bounce this
> with a nice message attached.

> My apologies if this is a common question. I havent seen it.

> Rob Zimmerman
> ------
> System Admin; ReadySite
> ReadySite.net

Look into procmail for this sort of thing.

--
Wil

--
W. Reilly Cooley                                     Linux 2.0.34
* Ape Consulting                                FreeBSD 2.2.6

http://www.*ape.ml.org                      NetBSD/pmax 1.3.2

To: = From: How to Block?

Post by Claus Assma » Fri, 19 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:Rob Zimmerman writes:
>Many of the spams received by my clients are BCC'd  were the To: field
>= the From: field. Is their a rule set that can be used to bounce this
>with a nice message attached.

Here's a procmail recipe someone posted:

# sender and recipient identical?
Eone=`formail -x To: | md5`
Etwo=`formail -x From: | md5`
:0:
* ? test $Eone = $Etwo
to=from-folder
(or something else...)

No warranty, no support :-)

Regards,

Claus Assmann
--
[Please don't send me copies of usenet postings. Thanks!]

To: = From: How to Block?

Post by Aaron Schra » Sat, 20 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> Rob Zimmerman writes:

> >Many of the spams received by my clients are BCC'd  were the To: field
> >= the From: field. Is their a rule set that can be used to bounce this
> >with a nice message attached.

> Here's a procmail recipe someone posted:

> # sender and recipient identical?
> Eone=`formail -x To: | md5`
> Etwo=`formail -x From: | md5`
> :0:
> * ? test $Eone = $Etwo
> to=from-folder
> (or something else...)

That uses 7 external processes when it can easily be done entirely in
procmail.  At the very least, I don't see any point in doing md5 sums of
the addresses.

Here's what I use, it attempts to match only the actual address, without
any comments:

:0:

* $ ^From:.*$\MATCH
suspect

The whitespace inside brackets is a tab and a space.  The $\ syntax
requires a recent version of procmail.

--

 You must realize that the computer has it in for you.  The irrefutable
 proof of this is that the computer always does what you tell it to do.

1. Blocked ip not blocked - Spew.Spew.Net

    Has anyone else experienced problems with Sendmail 8.9.1 not blocking a
domain named entered in to the access list?
  I have the following line in my access file;

da.uu.net       REJECT  No spam from you.

Yet UU.Net dial-ups pass right pass the reject like it is not there.  Email
addreses do get blocked.  See log below;

Sep 25 14:31:17 user2.dancris.com sendmail[11768]: connect from
1Cust109.tnt1.sylva.nc.da.uu.net
Sep 25 14:31:41 user2.dancris.com sendmail[11800]: OAA11800:

relay=1Cust109.tnt1.sylva.nc.da.uu.net [208.254.171.109]

I did run  makemap on the access file after adding da.uu.net.  I tried both
REJECT and 550.

M. Rawls

2. New support community for Pocket PC owners

3. Blocked sender's list blocks friends

4. Macs

5. webfree blocks ads on the WWW, does something block eudora ads?

6. Error with installer

7. Blocked messages...how to delete them from blocked messege folder

8. Mapping issue

9. Using procmail to block virus, write a header and send a blocked email alert

10. Help!I accidentally blocked a sender.How to remove this sender fr om the blocked-sender list?

11. Outlook Express blocked attachments

12. Outlook 2000 Block Senders

13. outlook express 6 and blocked senders list not staying active