Sendmail, Exchange 5.5, long 'To:' headers, & X-SMTP headers

Sendmail, Exchange 5.5, long 'To:' headers, & X-SMTP headers

Post by Dave » Wed, 18 Jul 2001 01:49:23

Right now, when someone sends a message to many recipients (140+), the
Exchange server injects the X-SMTP headers in the middle of the 'To:'
headers when it is delivered to our sendmail unix systems.  Using a
network sniffer, I've verified the headers are inserted by the
Exchange server.  This causes problems when the message is forwarded
any further.  Anyone know if this is a documented error?  Also, isn't
inserting a header within a header an RFC violation?

Thanks,

Dave