** How do I make Sendmail send an auto response?

** How do I make Sendmail send an auto response?

Post by a.. » Mon, 27 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I would like to find a way  to set up send mail to do auto response
(I could not find any answers to this in the  BAT BOOK)

it will send them a price list back

thanks in advance for you help

** How do I make Sendmail send an auto response?

Post by Mark A. Pitma » Mon, 27 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I'm no expert on the subject, but I believe you need to create a user
called "prices" and then configure a ".forward" file for that user to
automatically reply to the sender.

Mark

** How do I make Sendmail send an auto response?

Post by Sean Dreiling » Thu, 30 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Greetings:

  | I would like to find a way  to set up send mail to do auto response <snip>

  | it will send them a price list back

If you are in some sort of virtual-mail-domain setup with UNIX shell access,
have a look at procmail:
 ftp://ftp.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/pub/packages/procmail/procmail.ta...

If you have a dedicated user named 'prices' on a UNIX box, it may be easier to
run the vacation program. Type 'man vacation' at a UNIX prompt to see if you've
got it and how to set it up.

Good Luck!
--Sean :-)

                                          Sean Dreilinger, MLIS
        PGP Public Key - http://www.kensho.com/sean/pubring.htm

KENSHO - Bringing Knowledge to the Information Age - in a Flash

** How do I make Sendmail send an auto response?

Post by Bernd Beie » Fri, 14 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

> I'm no expert on the subject, but I believe you need to create a user
> called "prices" and then configure a ".forward" file for that user to
> automatically reply to the sender.

No, that is only a forward.

A reply is a new message like:

Quote:> Hello!

--
Bernd Beier
Pepperl+Fuchs GmbH

1. NEWBIE to Sendmail - making sendmail send mail in & out

Hi,

I am trying to get sendmail to send mail to 10.0.1.250 (which has a SMTP
server running on it).

How do I do this, sendmail is running?

When this is done will sendmail also receive mail from this machine?

--
Mark Worsdall - Oh no, I've run out of underpants :(

TCP/IP gatewaying http://www.hinwick.demon.co.uk/computerDept/

2. Cisco's ip accounting

3. Summary of responses: DOS Email packages (long)

4. SCSI Printer under Solaris

5. Auto response to emails

6. Reply to: Is there any software to merge maps in different scales

7. Auto-response e-mail packages??

8. Adding domain to unqualified user names.

9. Auto Response

10. Auto response

11. auto response email

12. Email packages for DOS-UNIX and DOS-DOS