error type 1

Post by Jacqueline Masse » Wed, 13 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Am wondering if someone can help me with a most irritating problem
concerning Eudora lite 1.5.5. Suddenly, after years of use, it's acting
up in a most irritating way. Everytime I attempt to open my
In/Out/Trash/Etc. baskets the program unexpectedly quits and reports a
Type 1 error. I've dumped the software, trashed my prefs, re-installed a
new copy of the program; all to no avail.

Has anyone else come across this problem, or have any ideas on what
might be the cause of this frustration?

Thanks for your help with this.

Jacqueline

error type 1

Post by Jonathan Ry » Thu, 14 Nov 1996 04:00:00

>Am wondering if someone can help me with a most irritating problem
>concerning Eudora lite 1.5.5. Suddenly, after years of use, it's acting
>up in a most irritating way. Everytime I attempt to open my
>In/Out/Trash/Etc. baskets the program unexpectedly quits and reports a
>Type 1 error. I've dumped the software, trashed my prefs, re-installed a
>new copy of the program; all to no avail.

>Has anyone else come across this problem, or have any ideas on what
>might be the cause of this frustration?

What did you install recently?  New extensions, new programs, what?

What version of system software, what type of net connection, what net
connection software, what computer type, etc.

--
"Ethical Relativity: The exact same universal laws are always true,
 and apply to you no matter what your frame of reference is."

error type 1

Post by Jacqueline Masse » Thu, 14 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> What did you install recently?  New extensions, new programs, what?

> What version of system software, what type of net connection, what net
> connection software, what computer type, etc.

I haven't installed anything lately, or at least within the past few
weeks. I have OS 7.5.5 on my Performa 6400. I connect to the net via
MacTCP and PPP.

This *unexpected  quit* has not effected any other programs. And, it
only happens when I attempt to open a basket (in/out/trash/various
files). I can still send and receive mail, and save it elsewhere.

I've downloaded a new copy of Eudora 1.5.5 and loaded it. I've re-entred
settings. I've thrown away all the old Eudora files. I've also tried
running it with minimal extensions. <sigh> I just don't know what else
to do.

Thanks for responding to my plea for help. Am keeping my fingers crossed
you might have some inkling as to why this has happened.

Thanks encore.
Jacqueline

error type 1

Post by Jacqueline Masse » Thu, 14 Nov 1996 04:00:00

.

Quote:

> After trashing and re-installing your Settings file and Eudora
> application, try rebuilding your desktop (also run Norton's if you have
> it).

Did this. By the way, since I've last posted, Eudora has now taken to
completely refusing to launch . This is a new development. I downloaded
messages earlier today but now, no way, no how, it's not going to play.

What *is* Eudora's problem?

Jacqueline
Was curious, now desperate for a solution.

error type 1

Post by Peter Olss » Sun, 17 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> Am wondering if someone can help me with a most irritating problem
> concerning Eudora lite 1.5.5. Suddenly, after years of use, it's acting
> up in a most irritating way. Everytime I attempt to open my
> In/Out/Trash/Etc. baskets the program unexpectedly quits and reports a
> Type 1 error. I've dumped the software, trashed my prefs, re-installed a
> new copy of the program; all to no avail.

> Has anyone else come across this problem, or have any ideas on what
> might be the cause of this frustration?

> Thanks for your help with this.

> Jacqueline

Have you tried to extend Eudoras memory partition? Perharps that solves
the problem.

MVH
Peter Olsson

error type 1

Post by Robert Primm » Fri, 22 Nov 1996 04:00:00

>Am wondering if someone can help me with a most irritating problem
>concerning Eudora lite 1.5.5. Suddenly, after years of use, it's acting
>up in a most irritating way. Everytime I attempt to open my
>In/Out/Trash/Etc. baskets the program unexpectedly quits and reports a
>Type 1 error. I've dumped the software, trashed my prefs, re-installed a
>new copy of the program; all to no avail.

>Has anyone else come across this problem, or have any ideas on what
>might be the cause of this frustration?

>Thanks for your help with this.

>Jacqueline

Jacqueline,

I work for an Internet Service provider and we have customer having the
same problem.  I've looked all over for an answer to this but haven't found
one.  Were you able to come up with a solution?  Thanks.

Robert

1. Error type 1 or type 2

Eudora often crashes with type 1 or type 2 error messages.
Increasing memory to 10Mb does not appear to have helped!

Any help/ suggestions welcomed.

Awrabest

Lobo (aka Peter).

home site: http://www.plalp.com

2. Business Budget in Money 2003

3. OS9 Error Type 3 on Launch

4. winshk.ocx

5. Eudora v. 3.1 and Error type 11

6. Debug Error in chkesp.c

7. Light v. 3.1 and Error type 11.

8. Detritus of 708 Area Code Change

9. Error type 2 when exiting

10. Eudora Light 3.1.3 quits with error Type 3

11. Error Type 1- Unexpect Quit

12. Error Type 84

13. Eudora Light Error type 11