Help with netscape and imap using MH folders

Help with netscape and imap using MH folders

Post by Andreas Stolc » Tue, 02 Oct 2001 12:15:43

I am having trouble using Netscape Messenger to read my MH mailboxes through
IMAP.  I have Netscape configured to use IMAP and the #mh/ directory,
and indeed it shows me the whole MH folder tree.  However, only some
MH folders are shown with their messages.  For the large majority of folders
it says 0 message, although there are plenty in them.

Using the "mtest" program from the Pine distribution I can access the
corresponding MH folders and the messages in them no problem.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  I don't want to give up MH just for
the occasional need to use IMAP and Netscape ...

Please email any suggestions.  Thanks in advance.

--

Speech Technology and Research Laboratory       Phone (650) 859-2544
SRI International, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA    Fax (650) 859-5984

Post by Andreas Stolc » Tue, 02 Oct 2001 12:19:13

>I am having trouble using Netscape Messenger to read my MH mailboxes through
>IMAP.  I have Netscape configured to use IMAP and the #mh/ directory,
>and indeed it shows me the whole MH folder tree.  However, only some
>MH folders are shown with their messages.  For the large majority of folders
>it says 0 message, although there are plenty in them.

>Using the "mtest" program from the Pine distribution I can access the
>corresponding MH folders and the messages in them no problem.

>Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  I don't want to give up MH just for
>the occasional need to use IMAP and Netscape ...

>Please email any suggestions.  Thanks in advance.

I forgot to mention the particulars:

netscape 4.78 on Windows 98
imapd from the pine4.33 distribution
MH 6.8.4 (though I don't think that could matter)

Again, any help appreciated.

--

Speech Technology and Research Laboratory       Phone (650) 859-2544
SRI International, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA    Fax (650) 859-5984

1. How to get Netscape 4.7 to talk to UW-IMAP served MH folders?

Hi comp.mail.mh,

There's been lot of talk (even reborn passionate mail-format
thought-exchanges) but still the problem remains unanswered: my
corporation with the rest of the world got infected with the BS (Bill
Sindrome) and sometimes I get DOC and PPT files, which unfortunately I
have to discuss (therefore read). NcFTP did it so far but it's clumsy.
Therefore, the question:

How one configures (step-by-step) Netscape Communicator 4.7 to talk to
imapd.  I am interested only in ability to easily view base64 encoded
doc and ppt attachments.  Flags don't matter.  Mtest (test mail client)
runs just fine.

The only result I've achived so far is to get messages displayed as
folders.  That doesn't do any good as messages don't get unmimified and
folder panel looks horrible.

Just for the record I use xemacs (and mh-e 'course) to econnect to the
world and only need that imapd running to get things done a bit easier.

Any insights are greatly appreciated.  Yours,
-Evgeni

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Matlab Engine

3. Reading MH folders from Netscape Communicator via IMAP

4. On-chip/Off-chip caches

5. Netscape mail, IMAP, linux - new folders not being created - PLEASE HELP

6. AGA Reg. list.

7. Using MH-style folders as incoming folders?

8. LOCAL POLICY DOES NOT PERMIT TO LOG ON LOCALLY

9. help on using pine with mh folders

10. Netscape 4.5PR2 versus UW-IMAP "#mh" namespace

11. Probably an FAQ - Netscape, UW IMAP and #mh driver

12. MH to Netscape mail folders and back.

13. Can netscape store news postings in mh folders?