address analysis rules?

Post by Chuc » Tue, 16 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Anyone have any suggestions for creating a rule which will do the
following:

etc will be sent to another SMTP machine for processing?  All other
addresses will be treated as they are now.  I am running sendmail
8.8.5.

Thanks,

address analysis rules?

Post by Claus Assma » Thu, 18 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Chuck writes:

>etc will be sent to another SMTP machine for processing?  All other
>addresses will be treated as they are now.  I am running sendmail
>8.8.5.

You need 8.9.0 for this (or apply the map-regex patch to your
version).
Then you can test whether an address (local part?) contains
just numbers and select a relay machine based on
the outcome of the test.
See the map-regex documentation for examples (in 8.9.0:
cf/README or doc/op/op.me).

Regards,

Claus Assmann
--
[Please don't send me copies of usenet postings. Thanks!]

1. compose-rules like reply-rules

I have several reply-rules defined; they work fine. Now I want to have a
parallel set of compose-rules. basicall the same set of rules but with
_TO_ substituted for _FROM_/_ADDRESS_. But whatever I put in compose-rules
seems to be ignored. :-(

For example, I put in

I note that the help screen uses >> where I've put == in my rules. Doesn't
affectt the (non)function of the rule.

I've been through the on-line help, the offical web site, the unofficial
web sites, and search the google archive of this group. But without
finding any help on this problem.

Can I use compose-rules like this? If so, what should the rule look like
the "reply" string is inserted properly. If it does not work like this is
there a patch to make it work --- I couldn't see one on Eduardo Chappa's
site.

I'm using pine 4.44 with several of Eduardo's patches already installed,
especially those that adds functionality to reply-rules.

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!

2. strcpy(struct.arrayofchars[], char*)

3. email addressing rules

4. Infernal Runner found!!!

5. Setting a rule to forward a new mail to another email address

6. Adding to the control order

7. Sendmail From: address rewrite rules

8. m13 mux needed

9. Need wildcard rule to check username in address

10. Rule to put ""'s around an address...

11. Rewriting rule to extract information from email address

12. Problem with local IP addresses in check_rcpt rule set

13. Problems with "bang" addresses & rewrite rules