Outlook Express Hyperlink Lockup

Post by Mad Hatte » Fri, 26 Apr 2002 18:02:23

Lately, whenever I receive mail in Outlook Express that
has a hyperlink, when I click onto it, my computer
attempts to go to the link but then hesitates and an error
report window opens up asking if I wish to send a report
to Microsoft. Also, it says that due to the error, I'll
need to restart Internet Explorer. When I click the
appropriate boxes in the message, it goes away, I.E. re-
starts and everything is back to normal. I don't lose
Outlook Express or any information. Sometimes, my computer
will lock up and the only way out is Cont.-Alt.-Del. in
order to get things going and occasionally have to re-
start the entire computer to regain control. I have
reloaded Outlook Express ver. 6.0 which I had before and
no help. Anybody have the same problem? I've downloaded
the latest anti-virus updates and go over the system- no
problems. HELP!!!!

Outlook Express Hyperlink Lockup

Post by Michael Santove » Sat, 27 Apr 2002 09:33:03

To use Internet Explorer for URL links, Favorites (especially More Favorites), double-clicking
*.HTM files, etc., :
  - In Internet Explorer, check View, (Internet) Options, Programs, and check the box to make
it the default browser (you may need to close and restart MSIE to take effect)

If the above doesn't help, see:
OE: Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Don't Start Browser
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q177/0/54.asp

For further help

Use the following newsgroup for questions or problems with OE5
okexpress
Use the following newsgroup for questions or problems with OE5.5
ookexpress
Use the following newsgroup for questions or problems with OE6
okexpress

You will find out information about issues affecting Outlook Express 5/6 at:
http://chattanooga.net/~scochran/oe5faq.htm
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm
http://home.attbi.com/~jimpickering/
http://www.tomsterdam.com/insideOE