Replying to all in message with multiple To: entries?

Replying to all in message with multiple To: entries?

Post by Steve Herm » Sat, 28 Jun 1997 04:00:00

We just discovered an odd situation which doesn't seem to work correctly
in Mac Eudora, but does seem to work in the PC version of Eudora.

Occasionally a message will arrive which contains multiple "To:" entries
in the header. For example:

To: addressee#1, addressee#2, addressee#3
    addressee#4
To: addressee#5, addressee#6, addressee#7
    addressee#8
To: addressee#9, etc....

When attempting to Reply to all by option-clicking the reply button, only
the addressees in the first "To:" field get picked up.  Apparently the PC
version of Eudora works as expected and carries over all the addresses to
the reply message.

So, is this a bug in Mac Eudora?  Is there a trick to get the reply to
work as expected?  What might be splitting the addressees into multiple
"To:" entries to begin with, and is that a "valid" thing to do?

Thanks for any input...
Steve

- Steve Herman - PrISMS
- Computer Sciences Corporation
- Marshall Space Flight Center
- Huntsville, AL

1. Need to generate multiple messages for one virtusertable entry with one message based on address fields

I am running sendmail 8.9.0 on BSDI, I have a client on another ISP

This domain "foo.com" was just moved to us. They sort all the mail for
their domain locally- on their LAN. If a message is sent to

POP. I only want to do this for their domain, not for the other
domains we host.
I do not have a clue as to how to do this. They said the last people
they were hosted with did it. Replies by email are appreciated, but
not necessary.
--

(207) 664-3100 ICQ 16698531

2. How much power is drawn by an on iPAQ?

3. Replying to multiple messages in one action

4. WTB: CommSlot II 10Base-T card

5. Any way to reply to multiple messages at once?

6. Latitude and C

7. feature request: reply to multiple messages

8. removing windows 2000

9. Is there a way to reply to multiple message at the same time?

10. Reply to multiple e-mails with same message

11. Including multiple messages in reply

12. How to generate a Reply-To: entry ?

13. Multiple email entries in Adress Book