Is it possible to set up two different inboxes?

Is it possible to set up two different inboxes?

Post by Samuel W. Heywoo » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 00:24:11

Using PINE, is it possible to set it up so as to fetch email
from a choice of two different mail servers and two different
email accounts while using the same configuration file?

I think the answer to this question will be "NO", but I thought
I would just ask anyway to see if anyone knows of any special
method or technique whereby this might be done.

In using the DOS versions of PINE on my local machine I used to
run a batch file that would switch and rename two different
PINERCS before running PINE.  I don't know how to do the equivalent
of this when running PINE on a remote Unix server.  I am a novice
at using Unix.

Ideas, anyone?

Sam Heywood
-- Message sent by Unix Pine, Version 4.44

Post by Gopi Sundara » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 00:53:19

> Using PINE, is it possible to set it up so as to fetch email from a
> choice of two different mail servers and two different email accounts
> while using the same configuration file?

FAQ.

http://www.zrox.net/Mail/Pine/read.html#multiple
http://www.zrox.net/Mail/Pine/roles.html

--
Gopi Sundaram
http://www.zrox.net/Mail/Pine/

Post by Samuel W. Heywoo » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 02:47:19

> > Using PINE, is it possible to set it up so as to fetch email from a
> > choice of two different mail servers and two different email accounts
> > while using the same configuration file?

> FAQ.

> http://www.zrox.net/Mail/Pine/read.html#multiple
> http://www.zrox.net/Mail/Pine/roles.html

Well, I went to the URL's named above and did that.  It was a very
hard act to follow, but I finally figured it out.  When I finally
got it right, it worked!  WOW!

Thanks a lot, Gopi.

Regards,

Post by Gopi Sundara » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 03:19:27

> Well, I went to the URL's named above and did that.  It was a very
> hard act to follow, but I finally figured it out.

I know I tend to be rather terse in my writing. So suggestions for
improving those instructions are always welcome.

I have been updating my pages with new information pertinent to v4.50
(so far 3 answers have been modified/added). So if anyone has any
corrections or clarifications, please let me know.

--
Gopi Sundaram
http://www.zrox.net/Mail/Pine/